• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Psionic Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Seems like a reasonable suggestion.

Back to the bite: 2d4 hp for the "Wingless Wonder" and perhaps 2d6 or 4d4 for the "Walking Egg" (there's a bit of difference in the average of 2d6 vs 4d4! I'd be inclined to stick with the higher damage or else boost Str a bit)?

Well, 4d4 seems kind of high for a small creature's bite. Maybe 3d4 or 2d8 for the Walking Egg version?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Go with +8.

Ability Focus (Wild Magic) for the feat? Or give it a racial bonus to that DC and get another feat?

Cleon

Legend
Go with +8.

Ability Focus (Wild Magic) for the feat? Or give it a racial bonus to that DC and get another feat?

Hmm, we could change it so the wonderblast has the same DCs as the rod, which varies from a DC 13 enlarge person to a DC 18 flesh to stone.

Since the DM is rolling on the rod of wonder table anyway, it'll probably be easier to simply use the DCs in the table.

Failing that, I prefer a racial bonus to Ability Focus.

I'm also wondering whether we should increase its Charisma, since the rod has a 4th level spell as a prereq (confusion) and flesh to stone is a 6th level spell.

Come to think of it, the minimum DC for flesh to stone is normally 19, not 18 - 10 +6 (spell level) +3 (16 ability score). I wonder where the point went to?

Remove ads