• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting True Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but does the rattelyr's resistance to electricity 20, immunity to fire, rattle, and tremorsense perhaps offset the ability to cast low-level spells?
I say so, so I agree with
Perhaps Wyrmling 1; very young 2; young 3; juvenile 5; young adult 8; adult 10; mature adult 12; old 14; very old 16; ancient 18; wyrm 19; great wyrm 20?
That reminds me...I currently have them without a caster level until juvenile age category...that will need revision.
Naughty Shade :lol:

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
Naughty Shade :lol:

That's my alter ego. :p

For the caster level progression, I see several possible options:

1.) Stick with the current progression, but expand 1st to include wyrmling through juvenile as well.

2.) Start at 1st, and then add 2 CLs at each age category, capping at 19th.

3.) Start at 1st, and add 1 CL at each age category, capping at 12th.

4.) Follow the steel's progression (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st)

5.) Something else I hadn't considered

What do you think?

RavinRay

Explorer
That 3rd option with caster level +1 per age category strikes me. It's unique for a dragon; and since we've had dragons whose breath weapon progression is +1 die (brass and white), why not a dragon with a similar progression for its spellcaster level?

Shade

Monster Junkie
RavinRay said:
That 3rd option with caster level +1 per age category strikes me. It's unique for a dragon; and since we've had dragons whose breath weapon progression is +1 die (brass and white), why not a dragon with a similar progression for its spellcaster level?

Sounds good. Nothing implied that they were very potent spellcasters, anyway.

BOZ said:
i thought that was Slim Shade?

I stood up. :lol:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated in Homebrews.

Look it over one last time, and if everyone's happy we'll move on to the next one.

RavinRay

Explorer
Just need to edit the table to read "Pathetic Presence" and maybe add a line about how they smell. :lol: I appreciate the part where it reads they are loathed by chromatics as mockeries of their kind.

I hope you can submit this in time for the April '08 issue of Dragon if there's gonna be a Creature Catalog there.

Edit: So much for anticipating an April '08 issue of Dragon, with its final issue in September. :eek:

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i was flipping through FC2 recently, and i noted that followers of Mammon have an abiltity similar to Pathetic Presence. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
i was flipping through FC2 recently, and i noted that followers of Mammon have an abiltity similar to Pathetic Presence. ;)

Where do you think I got it from? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads