Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
It probably should only weigh about a pound, since it's dinky and airy. :D

i disagree. it should weigh the same as a tiny rat, because it is solid most of the time when not in vapor form.

everything else, i like. :)

that would make its skills:
Hide +11, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4, Swim +4

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Oops! I reread the description, and you're right. It should probably weigh the same as a normal rat.

The skills look good. Are you also going to give 'em the normal rats skills bonuses? Here they are for quick reference...

Skills: Rats have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, and Swim checks. A rat can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A rat uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb and Swim checks. A rat has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
It's about done. For the vapor form ability, is there a reason to limit it to a certain number of rounds per day? I got the impression that it was always an option for them.

Obviously the don't speak, but have a high enough Int score that they could understand a language. Do we want to say that they understand Giant and/or Draconic, since they sometimes associate with cloud giants and cloud dragons?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Yeah, I guess they don’t need to have a limited number of rounds, I was just copying from the paragraph you wrote. ;) do we need a caster level for the vapor form?

And no, I don’t think they need to speak – but maybe we could put a blurb that if they live among creatures they can understand the language.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I should have known it would be my own fault. ;)

We should probably keep the caster level for it, since it probably has some game ramifications based on the fact they mentioned it in the vampire spawn's entry.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
The only way I see it mattering is duration, and we already decided not to bother with duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads