Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Space/reach: 15/10

Feats: Ability Focus (poison), Diehard, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will

Skills: Spot 8, Listen 7

CR: An elephant is CR 7, with comparable damage, one less HD and one less special ability. So 7 should work for snail, right?

I think we can skip weight since most fully-aquatic creatures don't list it.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that all sounds good.

only thing i really see left are the DCs. how about DC 17 for poison, and DC 16 for wail.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
cool, got that out of the way quick enough. Greyhawk Adventures is finito, and with the horgar MC5 should be done as well.

ok, as for the next monster to work on... i'm going to have to look through that long, long thread and pick out what needs to be done, and see what sources i actually have before i have to go and ask other people to post stats for me. ;) i know i have some of these, but i will have to determine which ones i have before we continue.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Ok, here are some descriptions from WoG sources that I have available – anything here some interesting enough to start with? :)

WG9 - Gargoyle
Gargoyle of the Tors – 4 HD – Neutral gargoyle with detachable wings, friendly and peaceful

WGA1 - Falcon's Revenge
Scryxull - "zombie snake" - 4 HD, fear, strength drain bite, paralyzing spittle
Grythok - insect-like creatures, 1-HD, detect good, burrows into flesh and eats, carry disease
Carpet Snake - 3-HD, can merge with fabrics, swallow whole (small creatures)

WGA2 - Falconmaster
Strangleweed - (may be different from more common plant of same name) - 1HD but appears in groups of 12 or more
Weisshund (German for white dog, of course) - 4HD, alignment NG, detect evil, grows to Large size
Yphoz - 2HD, looks like underground jellyfish, paralysis, blood drain

WGR3 - Rary the Traitor
Desert Centaur – 5 HD – not terribly different from a normal centaur, but we can have a more in-depth look
Manscorpion – 8 HD – has poison sting, not sure if this is same as the FR stinger
Monarch Scorpion – Monarch is 8 HD, master is 12 HD – both have poison and psionics

WGA4 - Vecna Lives!
The Eye – 12 HD – superhumanly quick, immune to surprise, gaze drains life force
The Hand – 13 HD – crushes with “hand” head and does Strength damage
(both of these freaks are modified humanoids that have had their heads replaced with body parts to symbolize the fabled parts of Vecna that he lost)

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
WGA4 - Vecna Lives!
The Eye – 12 HD – superhumanly quick, immune to surprise, gaze drains life force
The Hand – 13 HD – crushes with “hand” head and does Strength damage
(both of these freaks are modified humanoids that have had their heads replaced with body parts to symbolize the fabled parts of Vecna that he lost)
Bring on the freaks! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads