Coolest Dragons...

Kelek72

First Post
I was reading the posts about the dragons being too powerful in D&D and it got me thinking...
What are some of the coolest dragons as portrayed across all the various forms of books, movies, art, D&D, etc?
(I know Dungeon ran an article picking the top 10 dragons last year, but if i remember correctly, the list was D&D specific or maybe even Dungeon specific.)

-I saw Beowulf recently and the dragon in the film was extremely wicked. The animation and battle were probably the best I've ever seen portraying such a creature.
-The gold wyrm on the cover of the Master Box Set for basic D&D was an awesome painting that I will never forget. I thought it conveyed POWER!
-The red dragon on the cover of Dragon Mountain. Lean and Mean. I like it when thay look more Komodo than humanoid.
-The beast in Dragonslayer was very cool. The movie...OK, the dragon...COOL!
-Reign of Fire had a very cool boss dragon. (And it took out Matthew M.! ;) )
-The Gar. Blue Dragon mini recently put out for D&D Miniatures

Lamest I can remember... The dragons in Dungeons & Dragons: the movie...The paintings from Council of Wyrms (the whole humanoid body-type thing)...Godzilla...

Not the same but I love the visuals for the Darksun Sorcerer-Kings and queens. Lean mean and tattered. They looked more like 10-15ft tall gaunt undead 1/2 dragons.

tadk

Explorer
IK Dragons

Kelek72 said:
I was reading the posts about the dragons being too powerful in D&D and it got me thinking...
What are some of the coolest dragons as portrayed across all the various forms of books, movies, art, D&D, etc?
(I know Dungeon ran an article picking the top 10 dragons last year, but if i remember correctly, the list was D&D specific or maybe even Dungeon specific.)

-I saw Beowulf recently and the dragon in the film was extremely wicked. The animation and battle were probably the best I've ever seen portraying such a creature.
-The gold wyrm on the cover of the Master Box Set for basic D&D was an awesome painting that I will never forget. I thought it conveyed POWER!
-The red dragon on the cover of Dragon Mountain. Lean and Mean. I like it when thay look more Komodo than humanoid.
-The beast in Dragonslayer was very cool. The movie...OK, the dragon...COOL!
-Reign of Fire had a very cool boss dragon. (And it took out Matthew M.! ;) )
-The Gar. Blue Dragon mini recently put out for D&D Miniatures

Lamest I can remember... The dragons in Dungeons & Dragons: the movie...The paintings from Council of Wyrms (the whole humanoid body-type thing)...Godzilla...

The IK Dragons are my personal favotires. Check out The Monsternomicon

thompgc

First Post
Shadowrun had some cool dragons

The rainbow serpents
Lowfyr (a western dragon) ran a megacorp
Dunkelzayn (sure I goofed the spelling) (a western dragon) was a celeb and ran for president (and won, but got killed)

griff_goodbeard

First Post
Melhaic said:
One word:

SMAUG!!!
/agree

smaugdi0.jpg

Remove ads