Core Handbook Errors Discussion

WhatGravitas

Explorer
phil500 said:
Clerics need to spend 4 feats to wear full plate and heavy shields.

that HAS to be a mistake.
Or the cleric is more of a support cleric and the divine-frontline-basher role is now filled by the paladin.

Cheers, LT.

Ashardalon

First Post
silentounce said:
Maybe it's supposed to say "if the target attacks, the target remains invisible." That would compare to 3.5 and earlier versions. The non-Greater Invisibility probably says that if the target attacks, then the spell effect ends.
At least according to the photo that Plane Sailing refers to, the power says "if the target attacks, the target becomes visible." Though I seem to recall that there was another error on that page that hadn't been fixed at DDXP, but was changed since (namely an attack using wisdom rather than intelligence).

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Minion Mess

Many Minions in the MM are wrong:
Cyclops Guard: Level 14, half level modifier on ability scores is +5
Abyssal Ghoul Myrmidon: level 23, abilities modifier +10
Hobgoblin Grunt: level 3, abilities +0
Hobgoblin Warrior: level 8, abilities +3
Grimlock Minion: level 14, abilities +5
Grimlock Follower: level 22, abilities +8
Human Rabble: level 2, abilities +0
Kruthik Hatchling: level 2, abilities +0
Orc Drudge: level 4, abilities +0
Orc Warrior: level 9, abilities +3
Troglodyte Warrior: level 12, abilities +5
Vampire Spawn Fleshripper: level 5, abilities +3
Yuan-ti Snaketongue Zealot: level 12, abilities +5
Zombie Rotter: level 3, abilities +0

Some of these (Human Rabble, Zombie Rotter, Kruthik Hatchling, Hobgoblin Grunt, Vampire Spawn) are also in KotS, Orcs are the same as excerpt - all including the errors.
I just hope their defenses are the right numbers.

Math Errors are worse now, because the math should work.

:close:

silentounce

First Post
Lacyon said:
Or (10 ft)3. Spelled out, ten-foot cube.

Actually, spelled out, that would be "ten feet, cubed."

But I don't see how "10 foot cube" is confusing anyway. What else could they mean besides a cube with ten feet per side? Especially, considering the context. When would a measure of cubic feet be necessary in this version of D&D? If they had meant 10 cubic feet they would have said so.

And, as far as the minion errors, which version of the MM do you have, the online version, or the pre-release version? Because if it's in the online version, well, I'm not concerned.

Last edited:

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
silentounce said:
And, as far as the minion errors, which version of the MM do you have, the online version, or the pre-release version? Because if it's in the online version, well, I'm not concerned.
It's in Keep on the Shadowfell too (the real one).
Concerned now?
:close:

Remove ads