Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Iku Rex

Explorer
Bruherd said:
Page 57 of the PHB: "Creature or creatures means allies and enemies both, as well as you."
Yes, that's the rule I just quoted, complete with page reference.

And then I explained why the intent is unclear, and why certain other rules may need errata or clarification if paladins can use lay on hands on themselves.

Bruherd

Explorer
Iku Rex said:
Yes, that's the rule I just quoted, complete with page reference.

And then I explained why the intent is unclear, and why certain other rules may need errata or clarification if paladins can use lay on hands on themselves.

Yes, my bad, I missed that quote in your post;).

Well, uhm, you can use lay on hands on yourself but wont get any bonuses from high cha if you have the feat?

Meh, actually it doesn't make any sense;).

kilpatds

Explorer
Maybe not wrong, but sure seems out of bound....
  • Armor Piercing Strike: +second stat to hit, not just to damage, and it already targets Reflex

Less questionable:
  • Warpriest power Battle Cry: Implement, but does 2[W]

Underage AOLer

First Post
kilpatds said:
Maybe not wrong, but sure seems out of bound....
  • Armor Piercing Strike: +second stat to hit, not just to damage, and it already targets Reflex

Less questionable:
  • Warpriest power Battle Cry: Implement, but does 2[W]

Both powers seem okay to me.

Armor Piercing Thrust works as the flavor would imply (no armor bonus for a power that "drive your weapon through a weak point in your foe’s defenses", and its damage is in line with other powers of a similar level (1[W] + STR + DEX (if using a light blade or spear) vs. 2[W] + 2 x STR (Rain of Blows))

Battle Cry, as a level 11 attack power seems fine, especially compared to the Angelic Avenger's Astral Wave (2d8 + WIS to each enemy in Burst 8, and it has the Implement keyword).

silentounce

First Post
Underage AOLer said:

Armor Piercing Thrust works as the flavor would imply (no armor bonus for a power that "drive your weapon through a weak point in your foe’s defenses", and its damage is in line with other powers of a similar level (1[W] + STR + DEX (if using a light blade or spear) vs. 2[W] + 2 x STR (Rain of Blows))

Battle Cry, as a level 11 attack power seems fine, especially compared to the Angelic Avenger's Astral Wave (2d8 + WIS to each enemy in Burst 8, and it has the Implement keyword).

I think you're missing the point. It's a power with the Implement keyword yet it uses weapon damage. If it does weapon damage, surely it should have weapon as a keyword.

kilpatds

Explorer
Underage AOLer said:
Armor Piercing Thrust works as the flavor would imply (no armor bonus for a power that "drive your weapon through a weak point in your foe’s defenses", and its damage is in line with other powers of a similar level

Yep, its damage is fine. It's the to-hit bonus I find questionable. Most more-reliable attacks are at +2, or attack reflex. This one is at +3 or more AND attacks reflex.

Underage AOLer said:

So, my to get the damage, I multiply the base damage of my holy symbol by 2. What's the base damage of the holy symbol again?

I think it's supposed to be a Weapon power....

Last edited:

Underage AOLer

First Post
kilpatds said:
Yep, It's damage is fine. It's the to-hit bonus I find questionable. Most more-reliable attacks are at +2, or attack reflex. This one is at +3 or more AND attacks reflex.

So, my to get the damage, I multiply the base damage of my holy symbol by 2. What's the base damage of the holy symbol again?

I think it's supposed to be a Weapon power....

Okay, I thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I've added them to the list.

MindWanderer

First Post
silentounce said:
I think you're missing the point. It's a power with the Implement keyword yet it uses weapon damage. If it does weapon damage, surely it should have weapon as a keyword.
True, but it appears to be the only cleric power that uses Wis and a weapon. Clearly there was only a partial revision there.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet:

If you ever lose a prerequisite for a feat (for example, if you use the retraining system to replace training in a prerequisite skill with training in a different skill), you can’t use that feat thereafter. (PHB 193)

However,

You can’t replace a skill if it’s required for a feat, a power, or any other attribute you have, or if it’s predetermined by your class (such as Arcana for wizards or Religion for clerics). (PHB 28)

They probably shouldn't be using an example that's explicitly prohibited by the retraining rules.

Last edited:

Simon Marks

First Post
The Hobgoblin archer has an incorrect History skill. It reads +6.
Hobgoblins get +2 History as a racial bonus. The base Int modifier for the Archer is +1. There is no way to get a +6 bonus from +1.

So, I guess it should be +3.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't matter at all. But still, an error is an error.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases