Core spell conversions to EoM:R?

More on transform..

I agree that there should be a short list of options, like:
---Alter self, gain the appearance of the form more of an Illusion
---Physical Change, gain the appearance and physical traits. STR, DEX, CON, etc. Much like Polymorph is.
---Best of Both Worlds, change into a hybrid creature, picking the best traits.
---Total Change. Complete alteration mentally as well as physically.

Using the WOTC material as a basis, I created a spreadsheet of alternate forms that my character can change into. I won't use any other forms simply as I refuse to slow the game down. It doesn't take much math to begin with, the hardest part was scaling the forms up.

BTW, I use a house rule of +2 MP for each size change beyond what the form already provides, so if I want to be a Huge Worg for a minute... CR 3 medium creature + double size increase = 10 MP.

CapnZapp

Legend
Me said:
In order not to have to create spells from scratch for each and every PC (not to mention the pregenerated NPCs of commercial adventure modules), I thought it would be great to have a catalog of premade signature spells. And what range of spells would be better to create than the core spells? This would mean that existing NPCs are ready to go. Simply note down their MP totals (which depend only on their level) and start to use their spells!

What do you think? Is it possible to come close to the core spells, and how close? Which kinds of spells should we begin experimenting with - that is, which spells present the most difficulties (as regards to mimicing core spells)? I already know save-or-die spells and high-damage multiple-target spells are out, and am OK with not reproducing spells like Slay Living and Horrid Wilting. (In fact, this is purely a plus in my book).

Ok, so this is slightly a bump, but the thread got sidetracked. Do you think my basic idea is feasible?

The catalogue doesn't need to be complete: the 80-20 rule should let us implement 80% of the PHB spells and still avoid all the really difficult ones.

But if the designer of the game should say "Don't bother, it won't work" then I won't...

Archus

Explorer
CapnZapp said:
The catalogue doesn't need to be complete: the 80-20 rule should let us implement 80% of the PHB spells and still avoid all the really difficult ones.

I think its worthwhile to try converting as many spells as we can, because it will make migration easier. I'm taking your suggestion and moving the d20 spells to their own list. Then I'm starting at the low level spells and just starting to convert.

http://www.arcanearcade.com/wiki/index.php/HighArcana/D20Spells

Sadly I've been really busy lately and havet had a chance to do any work on this.

Remove ads