CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Well, I am down.

As for putting stuff from both galaxies on the ends of the transfer space... well... guess that both GFFA/Corpspace and the guys on the Sol System (UNSC, probably Feds) would have something there to keep Star Destroyers from barging into the System.

kronos182

Adventurer
Well, I am down.

As for putting stuff from both galaxies on the ends of the transfer space... well... guess that both GFFA/Corpspace and the guys on the Sol System (UNSC, probably Feds) would have something there to keep Star Destroyers from barging into the System.

Perhaps some powerful alien species (too powerful to ever stat and just a plot device) like the Organians (I think that's what they're called) from Star Trek that forced the Federation/Klingon non-aggression between the original series and movies period of time.. or the Prophets in the Bajoran wormhole.. generally don't interfere as corporeal beings are beneath them, except for a wide scale war between the factions will upset their game of chess or something.. which could mean missions PCs get that might seem trivial or even important but not galaxy wide effecting are all part of these powerful beings' plan to keep a universe wide cold war, or just shifting the balance of power in the ways they see fit that are beyond mortal understanding.

My idea was it being more like a regular border, with regular patrol, on both sides.

Not to say that those guys wouldn't be doing some kind of policing themselves in some way, but it just wasn't the scope of my idea.

kronos182

Adventurer
My idea was it being more like a regular border, with regular patrol, on both sides.

Not to say that those guys wouldn't be doing some kind of policing themselves in some way, but it just wasn't the scope of my idea.

Of course there'd be regular border patrols, who wouldn't.. but I was just thinking that those type of beings would help keep a LARGE scale invasion from happening.. border skirmishes are expected. Hey.. you can even base a series of adventures around a massive military build up on one side and the PCs are sent to investigate, and depending on how things go, both, or more than two sides start sending massive fleets (talking 50+ heavy ships of ISD and larger ships on both sides and equivalents), and something causes the fleets to freeze in time/space.. or disappear, or what have you, and pcs now investigate these disappearances, or they might be part of it and have to find way to release/return everyone.

AnimeSniper

Explorer
I am thinking of running a game online, either pbb, or a virtual tabletop, most likely roll20.net It will more than likely involve mechs, in fact I'd like to have the PCs being pre-Vanishing humans who stumble across Zaku IIs during the 23 hours and have to use them in order to survive. Anybody down for that?

How would they know how to pilot each Zaku unless you incorporated a form of the Mobile Doll or other tech that downloads the Lv 1 Mecha Pilot or higher level knowledge into their brains... if you incorporate a Zaku transport ship, think along a C130 transport plane excerpt for space and x-Zakus plus the armory for them, then maybe a pilot briefing room or similar.

PC Joe enters the cockpit of the Zaku only to have the cockpit hatch close behind him. As he pounds on the hatch to open the Zakus OS begins booting up, maybe a unknown language, before a bright flash blinds him which is the enter download of how to operate the Zaku.

AnimeSniper

Explorer

Maybe the sensor grid that detects excursions between dimensions goes offline and a repair crew is sent out to restore them

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Of course there'd be regular border patrols, who wouldn't.. but I was just thinking that those type of beings would help keep a LARGE scale invasion from happening.. border skirmishes are expected. Hey.. you can even base a series of adventures around a massive military build up on one side and the PCs are sent to investigate, and depending on how things go, both, or more than two sides start sending massive fleets (talking 50+ heavy ships of ISD and larger ships on both sides and equivalents), and something causes the fleets to freeze in time/space.. or disappear, or what have you, and pcs now investigate these disappearances, or they might be part of it and have to find way to release/return everyone.

On the disappearance of lets say Task Force Omega 501st Fleet detachment the entire force disappears only for the party to find the Task Force with a majority of the crew dead, some insane, and for a few hundred fused with the hull or each other.
For the Insane crew members some could attack physically with others attack with either personal weapons or another ships weapons.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I was thinking that the PCs would be fighter pilots (stationed at Joint Base Langley–Eustis). It's been established that mobile suits have similar enough controls to fighter craft that people can relatively easily switch between them.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
I was thinking that the PCs would be fighter pilots (stationed at Joint Base Langley–Eustis). It's been established that mobile suits have similar enough controls to fighter craft that people can relatively easily switch between them.

Wouldn't that mostly be the Gundams/GM series as they have the core fighter in them.. but I could be way off on that.

Remove ads