CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
Yes. A version of B5 and B4 are floating together on one of Earth's LaGrange Points, and I guess Earthforce was absorbed by the UNSC (or maybe not? What do you guys think?).

Ok.. I've got a few EF weapons in statted up.. I was looking at my copy of the B5 RPG by Mongoose Publishing, and pulled the PPG from that, with a minor adjustment to better fit the fluff.
I'll stat up a few more things from that as well.. as the stats for vehicles/ships don't translate too well to d20 future.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been thinking about Beerus (from Dragon Ball Super, amongst other things). He is noted in Super as not being all that great of a God of Destruction (nor is Shin his counterpart as Supreme Kai particularly good at his job). In Coreline, however it might be that other cosmic and divine beings are able to keep him in check, preventing him from going too far in his destructive impulses and focusing him on things that need to be destroyed to keep the balance. This turn might help keep Frieza in check, because even though Frieza and Beerus have a quite amicable relationship a proper God of Destruction should keep him from going too far.

I was thinking myself more like the CLULESS Virus intervenes and 'waters down' or nullifies the Universe-Destroying (and maybe Earth-destroying) stuff.

Of course, nobody knows when it will intervene and when it will not, so obviously such types of threats are still policed.

Think of it as a GM. Wouldn't do for one of the players to suddenly destroy the Game without its say-so and ruin it for everybody, would it?

Cell phone... Using it right now and dunno when will I ever get a computer.

Think some documents, like the Deus Ex cybernetics Zack cookd up, are very important to have around.

kronos182

Adventurer
Cell phone... Using it right now and dunno when will I ever get a computer.

Think some documents, like the Deus Ex cybernetics Zack cookd up, are very important to have around.

Not just that.. but all other information also collected... like all the information for different groups, corporations, people, equipment, spells, etc and a timeline, would be nice.. like a nice large pdf or something.. organized.. kind of like a setting book.. yeah.. that's a huge project to work on..

kronos182

Adventurer
Some Earth Force (B5) weapons.

PPG Ammunition
The Earth Alliance switched to using PPG weapons, mostly for its space borne forces, as the standard issued EF-7 and EF-PR will usually not penetrate the hulls of ships and stations. To reduce logistical concerns, almost all of the Earth Force units are issued PPG weapons of various types, but all use standardized power packs called Caps, shaped like mushrooms. The type 1 are about half an inch long, and half an inch wide, and are used in pistol sized weapons. The Type 2 are an inch long, half an inch wide, and used in rifles.
Type 1 PDC 8 for 5
Type 2 PDC 9 for 5

PPG, Auricon EF-7
The standard weapon of all EarthForce personnel authorized to carry weapons. The PPG was selected as the main weapon for ship and station personnel as while it can be deadly to organics, it isn't as powerful against materials such as ship hulls, with very little chance of a hull breach from a missed shot.
Most PPGs of earth manufacture use energy caps that are shaped like mushrooms.
(These stats are based on those from the B5 RPG by Mongoose Publishing, with a minor change by me.)

Auricon EF-7 PPG (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d8
Critical: 19-20/x2
Damage Type: Energy
Range Increment: 60 ft
Rate of Fire: s
Size: small
Weight: 1 lb
Ammo: 12 cap type 1
Purchase DC: 10 Lic (+1)
Notes: Inanimate objects, such as doors, ship hulls, vehicles, etc are considered to have 50% greater hardness/DR.

PPG, Auricon EF-PR
A rifle PPG that looks like a larger and elongated EF-7, is used for longer ranged combat and assigned only to security personnel. Although it deals the same damage as the EF-7, making it safe for use on ships, it has longer range, a larger ammunition capacity, using a larger cap, and the capability of autofire.

Auricon EF-PR PPG (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d8
Damage Type: energy
Range Increment: 100 ft
Rate of Fire: S,A
Size: Large
Weight: 4 lbs
Ammo: 24 cap type 2
Purchase DC: 12 Res (+2)
Notes: Inanimate objects, such as doors, ship hulls, vehicles, etc are considered to have 50% greater hardness/DR.

PPG, EF-334
The EF-334 heavy PPG hand gun is used by Earth Alliance SOC and other special force units including army units as it has better penetration against light armour, brush and interior walls.

EF-334 Heavy PPG PIstol (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d10
Range Increment: 60 ft
Size: small
Weight: 1 lb
Ammo: 8 cap type 1
Purchase DC: 15 Mil (+3)
Notes:

PPG, EF-749A3 Carbine Rifle
The EF-749A3 is an upgraded version of the EF-PR for SOC and special forces units in Earth Force. It comes with folding stock for better stability and making it compact when folded, integrated optical scope, and improved range, and a mounting for a single shot grenade launcher under the barrel.

EF-749A3 (PL6 Personal Firearms Proficiency)
Damage: 2d8+2
Range Increment: 200 ft
Size: large
Weight: 5 lbs
Ammo: 24 cap type 2
Purchase DC: 17 Mil (+3)
Notes: Integrated thermoptical scope, folding stock, mount for underbarrel single shot grenade launcher (30-40mm).

Remove ads