CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Rappy

First Post
Shili will be mentioned when I get to either the Mid or Inner Rim of the galaxy (hard to say, the Expansion Region [where it is located] is wedged in between the two), but I can bump Togruta to one of the basic species for ya. I might do that to Geonosians as well, since they're rather politically important. The Ur-Greedle, though..yeah, they're like the Geonosian equivalent of Australopithecus, so they can stay right where they are.

EDIT: And although it's (most likely) a long way off, here's the planned layout for volume three. There are some more notes for this one than the Outer Rim, since I have a slightly clearer plan, but not every NPC, droid, etc. will be noted in this overview (nor will they be in the Outer Rim when I fill out that overview). Similar to how the Expansion is lumped in with the Mid Rim, the Colonies will be lumped with the Inner Rim, and the Core and Deep Core will be together as well.

EDIT: In general, the list that was here has been revised and looked over, and what did and didn't work has changed.

Last edited:

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Well, a few personal ideas (take 'em or leave 'em-it's just my two cents):

A friend of mine wanted to add the Culture, but I have no idea how (maybe one or two of the cities have been rebuilt with Culture technology, but CLULESS meddling -and general world-wide paranoia and hostility- has stopped our beloved Space Hippies from taking over the country, let alone the world).

+France, Boulogne-Billancourt had become an odd 'plane nexus' with the Internet itself (as in, you can shift planes there and enter the Internet instead of having to 'jack in' or use Virtual/Augmented Reality gizmos or be blasted with a digitizing system (this latter patented to ENCOM)). That being, there are NetNavis, Digimon and other things coming in and out of town at all times-and viruses, hackers, and things like XANA, the MCP, Durandal and other evil A.I.s try to take it over constantly.

Further to......my...last on this, Billancourt gives me an idea....maybe most of the 'paranoia and hostility' is actually territorial fearmongering on Durandal and XANA's parts, (at least Durandal's, to be sure) which keeps the Grey Area, Peace Makes Plenty, Break Even and various others busy organising and directing La Resistance.....if you catch my drift.

Rappy

First Post
Coreline Gazetteer Volume 2: Eurasia is done, but I don't plan on releasing yet.

I'm going to "bundle" it with the upcoming revision of Volume 1: North America, since some of the revised material inside the new "edition" of Volume 1 will be important for Eurasia.

Just bumping this.

Hey... could I get a glimpse of the Gazeteer?

You can mail it to me at: marcoasalazarm@hotmail.com

((()))

And also, concerning the Gazeteer: there is a mention there of a race called the 'Holowolves'. Never got around to work on that one, so I was thinking about trying now.

The 'Holowolves' are, quite simply, a mass variety of wolves that are as they appear on the series 'Wolf's Rain'.

Manga Fox: Wolf's Rain Manga Series

Wolf's Rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Uplifted by means unknown (and I didn't know if to keep on the mistery there, or to give it a reason-some military project gone nuts, natural (on their home 'verse) evolution, alien experimentation, mutation, magic, or whatever), the Holowolves have a higher thought process that other wolves in the wild, and also the capacity to project a 'hologram' to be able to interact with humans.

On THAT part, well... the question is, should the Holowolf just have a psionic ability like the Fraal, a suggestion, mindlink or other ability that allows people to see (and hear) the wolf as human? Or maybe actually have a hologram wrapped around him that allows him to interact with humans (in which case it would need a mite more work, and with that, Feats like making the hologram more powerful, that doesn't vanishes when the Wolf is knocked out, etc) ?

Therein lies the question-how to go around and stat them?

Ideas would be appreciated.

Rappy

First Post
I'll send you the Gazetteer as soon as I clean up the formatting, Marco. I noticed that I did the Russia and Appendix articles while half-asleep, and there's a copious amount of mis-labelling, copy paste errors, and typos that I have to clean up.

As for the Holowolves: hmm, I'll have to think about that, yeah.

EDIT: New Guinea seems unsalvagable at this moment, so it looks like it will be a thread-based Gazetteer entry in the future. Currently reformatting the appendix.

Last edited:

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Footnote to the Japanese Archipelago here:

It would appear that this understated portion of the Rising Sun Domain is an utter blazing wreck, as is that which lies beneath it (certainly there are fragments of a boulder scattered around a suspiciously....big crater -Hours War, obviously- which may well account for all the.....activity in the area. (Sadako-sama notwithstanding :D ).

Dunno exactly what do you mean with the meteor (sorry 'bout that one), but an idea here? The province being tainted by an encounter/war between Sadako and Alma Wade, that of course had a metric ton of wanna-bes from other Japanese and American and European horror films based on them (and a metric ton of other Fictions who are based on them both, including Alternates) tossed into it?

This, of course, before the boulder broke.

What is left behind is a 'Zone' not unlike the one that appeared in Nevada during the Aeon War (More info in: CthulhuTech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Cthulhutech: Welcome to the Cthulhutech Wiki! ), everything that comes into contact to it being shoved into what could be a easily described as a mish-mash of every Asian horror film (and Asian horror film remake) ever made, with the people who survive and even end up getting enchanted objects or powers from said exposure doing so purely at a 'power with a price'-said power manifesting in ways that are just plain horror-movie-esque.

Like the ability to see the future-but no future other than horrible deaths. Or the ability to see ghosts-but only the ones that are a ghastly sight to behold, or want you dead *just because you can see them*. Or the typical psy-power package (TK, mind-reading, etc), but the more you use it, the more 'tainted' you become... and this taint makes you look like Sadako...

And as well... over on Europe, a foundation called 'Ashcroft' is taking power... nobody has seen the chairman, but rumours say that it's an Alternate of Gendo Ikari...

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Well, Okinawa excluded, Japan is really stuffed enough that it deserves its own smaller gazetteer at this point.

Also, Star Wars Coreline is off..sorta.

By that, I mean the idea of whole sourcebooks on it is off. Instead, I'll incorporate the information where it's valid on Earth (for instance, Gungans and Jawas will be in the rewrite of the North America gazetteer, and Togruta will be in the Africa gazetteer unless there's an objection of them being there).

I plan on having a "Star Wars Modern" with a generic non-setting rules for any Star Wars play, canon or fanfiction, as a longer term (by that, I mean within the next year or so) goals to help lessen the dent of d20 Modern and the Star Wars Roleplaying Game alike having all too short official lifespans.

So, what is the next gazetteer, in that case? Well, since North America's rewrite is neeeearly done, I plan on having it be a general overview of the Sol system. Some ideas to bounce of of y'all as far as yay or nay goes:

Mercury: Due to its frequent old pop culture depiction as a planet with a "locked 'solar tide'", Mercury is a planet that has a permanent 'night side' and 'day side'. As a result, it has a large colony of Twi'leks (due to its similarity to the planet Ryloth, which has a similar makeup as a 'solar tide' desert planet), as well as a healthy dotting of spice and ore mines.

Venus: Most of venus is a Victorian ideal of the planet, with thick swamps inhabited by dinosaurs and lizardfolk. Thanks to Cowboy Bebop, however, there is also a somewhat arid western continent with a permanent human habitation.

Earth's Moon: Orbital colonies from Planetes, bat-like humanoids and bison-like creatures in crater jungles encased in strange oxygen bubbles from old world Real hoaxes, and H.G. Wells's Selenites living below the surface are just some of the oddities of our mother planet's lunar child.

Mars: Embroiled in a war between War of the Worlds-verse and Barsoom-verse Martians. No word on where the Ice Warriors are during this debacle, but one can be fairly certain they are plotting something.

Jupiter: Rather less violent than the planet we know, the gas giant Jupiter is home to many floating colonies, including a Rebellion-era Alternate of Cloud City. Its moon, Europa, is well known for the strange sea life beneath its icy crust.

Saturn: Its floating cities are home to the DC Comics-verse Martians, who were forced to emigrate from their war-torn homeworld.

Uranus: The base of operations for the Marvel-verse's Kree Empire.

Neptune: The frozen wastes of Neptune are currently cordoned off between the lands of the star yuki-onna from Urusei Yatsura and the iron realms of Futurama's Robot Santa.

Pluto: Due to several unpleasant events never referred to in polite conversations between Reals and Fictions, Pluto is a tectonically fractured world ruled by the mi-go.

Alternate Earths: Possibly the Planet of the Apes-verse Earth, and most definitely Primalis, the Harryhausen world. Others are in different solar systems.

As an aside, any references for Africa and Australia's future gazetteers would be nice as well, Marco, since the Sol one will probably be considerably shorter than your bog standard gazetteer.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
Dunno exactly what do you mean with the meteor (sorry 'bout that one), but an idea here? The province being tainted by an encounter/war between Sadako and Alma Wade, that of course had a metric ton of wanna-bes from other Japanese and American and European horror films based on them (and a metric ton of other Fictions who are based on them both, including Alternates) tossed into it?

This, of course, before the boulder broke.

What is left behind is a 'Zone' not unlike the one that appeared in Nevada during the Aeon War (More info in: CthulhuTech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Cthulhutech: Welcome to the Cthulhutech Wiki! ), everything that comes into contact to it being shoved into what could be a easily described as a mish-mash of every Asian horror film (and Asian horror film remake) ever made, with the people who survive and even end up getting enchanted objects or powers from said exposure doing so purely at a 'power with a price'-said power manifesting in ways that are just plain horror-movie-esque.

Like the ability to see the future-but no future other than horrible deaths. Or the ability to see ghosts-but only the ones that are a ghastly sight to behold, or want you dead *just because you can see them*. Or the typical psy-power package (TK, mind-reading, etc), but the more you use it, the more 'tainted' you become... and this taint makes you look like Sadako...

Right....should've clarified this, anyway. Nope, no Zone....but there is a large hole in the side of Mt. Hiba, as if someone punched through solid rock, followed by a trail leading in the direction of the crater. Finishing up with obvious signs of a kerfuffle....broken up. Violently.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
I plan on having a "Star Wars Modern" with a generic non-setting rules for any Star Wars play, canon or fanfiction, as a longer term (by that, I mean within the next year or so) goals to help lessen the dent of d20 Modern and the Star Wars Roleplaying Game alike having all too short official lifespans.

So, what is the next gazetteer, in that case? Well, since North America's rewrite is neeeearly done, I plan on having it be a general overview of the Sol system. Some ideas to bounce of of y'all as far as yay or nay goes:

Mercury: Due to its frequent old pop culture depiction as a planet with a "locked 'solar tide'", Mercury is a planet that has a permanent 'night side' and 'day side'. As a result, it has a large colony of Twi'leks (due to its similarity to the planet Ryloth, which has a similar makeup as a 'solar tide' desert planet), as well as a healthy dotting of spice and ore mines.

Venus: Most of venus is a Victorian ideal of the planet, with thick swamps inhabited by dinosaurs and lizardfolk. Thanks to Cowboy Bebop, however, there is also a somewhat arid western continent with a permanent human habitation.

Earth's Moon: Orbital colonies from Planetes, bat-like humanoids and bison-like creatures in crater jungles encased in strange oxygen bubbles from old world Real hoaxes, and H.G. Wells's Selenites living below the surface are just some of the oddities of our mother planet's lunar child.

Mars: Embroiled in a war between War of the Worlds-verse and Barsoom-verse Martians. No word on where the Ice Warriors are during this debacle, but one can be fairly certain they are plotting something.

Jupiter: Rather less violent than the planet we know, the gas giant Jupiter is home to many floating colonies, including a Rebellion-era Alternate of Cloud City. Its moon, Europa, is well known for the strange sea life beneath its icy crust.

Saturn: Its floating cities are home to the DC Comics-verse Martians, who were forced to emigrate from their war-torn homeworld.

Uranus: The base of operations for the Marvel-verse's Kree Empire.

Neptune: The frozen wastes of Neptune are currently cordoned off between the lands of the star yuki-onna from Urusei Yatsura and the iron realms of Futurama's Robot Santa.

Pluto: Due to several unpleasant events never referred to in polite conversations between Reals and Fictions, Pluto is a tectonically fractured world ruled by the mi-go.

Alternate Earths: Possibly the Planet of the Apes-verse Earth, and most definitely Primalis, the Harryhausen world. Others are in different solar systems.

...Which would seem to indicate that the Guardian of the Gates of Time has moved her support machinery beyond their well-documented inclination to meddle, on the Q.T. Sailor Uranus would more than likely be similarly preoccupied. After all.....you know, Kree.*shrug*

Edit: Venus......you seem to forget the other human colony in the south hemisphere .....although the leader of the fools up north seems to have been scared off.....probably all the regular 'special attention' given to that particular area by the homeworld. :D Saturn......question is, which Martians?

Last edited:

Remove ads