CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

I'm gonna have to think more about your ideas soon (I recently got some information that I'm still sifting through and thinking whether to add or not), but what I have thought so far for the Sol System:

+There is a large research station located in orbit around the Sun, the 'Robert Capa Experimental Research Station', which specializes mostly in researching Solar events (like flares) and their effects on Fictional physiologies and elements. Also has a hefty security team in case people try to steal said research-or in case things that have been thrown into the Sun decide to get out of it...

+The Sailor Senshi have their palaces/fiefdoms on each planet, and those who have been terraformed have done so through techno-magical means. The most 'shiny' one is, of course, the Moon Palace. Many conspiracy theorists argue about the possibility of what the Kingdom might do to enable a 'Crystal Tokyo' happening at some point in the future...

+There is the Blue Zone on the Dark Side of the Moon, where the Inhumans and a pretty large population of mutants, gene-engineered and the like are living on it, ruled by Lord Black Bolt (there is also a rumour of a small bunch of Fictions that are fusions of Marvel characters and Anime characters walking through the Earth-and *this* wouldn't be at all unusual if not for the fact that their alleged leader is an Alternate of Lelouch Lamperouge that has Black Bolt's powers...)

+There are three Warhammer 40K 'Hive Cities' on the Sol System (actually, pretty tiny as Hive Cities go)-one on Mars, run by the Adeptus Mechanicus (which is on a secret war with a multi-corporation and nation alliance run by Squats about who will finally run things in town), one on Mercury (in orbit over the dark side), and one in Venus (dunno if it should be one iconic, like Necromunda). On the Martian Hive City, there is a pretty blooming population of Neo-Sapiens.

+A pretty small planet has appeared in an orbit directly opposite Earth. This planet is 'New Krypton', and simply has a large amount of aliens and the biggest number of Kryptonians in the Sol System, period. They have joined the UNSC charter, and the UNSC has established quite firmly that it will not take hostility TO New Krypton... or FROM New Krypton (and needless to say, the UN is slightly irked about finding out through a corporate war about 'Project 7734'...)

+The Gates of Time had been moved to Gallifrey.

+Venus has also a faction of Space Amazons (for the lack of a better term). They do covert warfare on that which they consider 'the corruption made by Men' (which is nearly everything), and escalating reports of kidnappings and crimes best left unmentioned (lest people are offended) in Venus can be traced to these women.

+In Earth, the island of Themyscira is ongoing a political rift-that of the 'typical' Amazons, those who 'preach peace but are ready for war' from the comics, and an even more hard-line militant splinter faction that could easily be described by Pre-Vanishing geeks as 'Amazons Attack! gone even more violent'. This splinter group was simmering beneath the surface ever since the Hours, but it has officially detonated with the large number of Fictions that have appeared using the mantle of Wonder Woman (which this faction sees as a 'sacred position' and as such all 'fakes' must be killed) in recent times.

Of course, the Amazons are trying to downplay the rifting as best as they can... to varied effectiveness.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
+A pretty small planet has appeared in an orbit directly opposite Earth. This planet is 'New Krypton', and simply has a large amount of aliens and the biggest number of Kryptonians in the Sol System, period. They have joined the UNSC charter, and the UNSC has established quite firmly that it will not take hostility TO New Krypton... or FROM New Krypton (and needless to say, the UN is slightly irked about finding out through a corporate war about 'Project 7734'...)

+The Gates of Time had been moved to Gallifrey.

+Venus has also a faction of Space Amazons (for the lack of a better term). They do covert warfare on that which they consider 'the corruption made by Men' (which is nearly everything), and escalating reports of kidnappings and crimes best left unmentioned (lest people are offended) in Venus can be traced to these women.

More later, but Venus: Our friends the Therons (administrati, yes, but the colonists seem to be 'meh' about it so far) have headaches because of this. Suicide-bomber-terrorist-group style ones (if you meant that)

...as for our outsystem friends, they-that-walk-in-the-shadows, they seem to be busy constructing a.....large....light filter to block everything but red light frequencies. Doesn't take much to guess where it'll be placed. But it's all just rumours, AFAIK....

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Well, the North America and Eurasia Gazetteers are completed and can be found here. Gungans, Jawas, Zoids, steampunk mecha, and more can all be gleaned from these pages.

Now then, in spite of my musings earlier, I'm rather tired of gazetteer collections, to be honest. Until there are enough new entries for the Solar System, Australia, Africa, and South America to prevent me from having to everything whole cloth and on my own, there will be no more collections; I will post gazetteer entries here and there, though, and continue to scheme on refurbishing my older gazetteers.

Anyway, what I can provide as far as collections go now would most likely be a bestiary, collecting things like Marco's Tremors-verse creature stats and Daleks, Star Wars-verse creatures, dinosaurs, etc. Any requests for creatures you'd personally like to see in the bestiary that aren't already in the two Gazetteer volumes put out?

Also, fair warning, I'm trying to get back into writing non-Coreline d20 materials again, so I may not be as actively seeking for the bestiary's completion as fast as I have with projects in the past.

I think there was an entry on Australia somewhere around here (think I wrote it before or after the entry on the Tiberium War and the profile of the Brotherhood of Nod). I'll work on Costa Rica and some of the Solar System later on (currently, also working on some Warhammer 40,000 stuff to add to this setting. It's a mite hard, that, since it's a LOT of stuff on that 'verse).

As for the Star Wars Gazeteer project you had... well, it sounded cool. I mean, the Star Wars part hasn't been touched much here (aside from the articles you had written so far on Geonosis, the races and the mention of the timeline on that Galaxy (sometime before Jacen rose as a Sith, I think), there was a whole lot of nothing).

One little addendum: for some reason, the Mediafire page is not letting me download the files.

Can you e-mail me the Gazeteers?

EDIT: Okay, never mind. I got them.

Last edited:

Rappy

First Post
Alright, sent.

And as I've said, I've not so much abandoned the Star Wars for Coreline stuff as much as that I will be doing a generic Star Wars d20 Modern project later in time, but will until then have databits such as the Gungans and Jawas in the North America Gazetteer.

And yeah, I know there are pieces of info here and there, but I'm still rather burned out from two gazetteers in a row, so the bestiary offer seems most likely. Although I will post some gazetteers here when my schedule permits it.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
I think there was an entry on Australia somewhere around here (think I wrote it before or after the entry on the Tiberium War and the profile of the Brotherhood of Nod). I'll work on Costa Rica and some of the Solar System later on (currently, also working on some Warhammer 40,000 stuff to add to this setting. It's a mite hard, that, since it's a LOT of stuff on that 'verse).

As for the Star Wars Gazeteer project you had... well, it sounded cool. I mean, the Star Wars part hasn't been touched much here (aside from the articles you had written so far on Geonosis, the races and the mention of the timeline on that Galaxy (sometime before Jacen rose as a Sith, I think), there was a whole lot of nothing).

Well, it appears Marco-sensei may be wrong....At least, about that. :D

History file, please, H-chan.

Certainly.

Pre-Republic Era

Domo arigato.

Hai. ;)

Clink, clack, ka-clang, IOW......there was in fact a whole lot of *something* lest you forget. 25,053 years of it. Least you can now look through...

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
What are you trying to state there? I'm confused.

Who, me? Well, Marco seemed to be making a rather mistaken assumption, and....it's kind of self-explanatory, really. *shrug*

EDIT:.....*reads Eurasia Gazetteer*.....Damm. So my home town is now generally a craphole. Good thing my current coordinates are in a discreet enough dimensional fold, assisting a certain Costa Rican with writing the annals of the fledgeling Imperium Logii et Somnium, beside which the Neo-Imperium Hominis is just a bunch of squabbling fools and idiots, then. *snickers*

Last edited:

Well, it was probably the fact that I said I was a little vague about where in the timeline of the Expanded Universe the Coreline version of the SW galaxy stood and he provided the info of where it was.

Then again, your SW project is an independent project, so do not worry about that. It would be cool to see what you write up.

On a personal note, though, I'm not much of a fan of the New Jedi Order/Legacy timelines... but I guess completeness is important above all.

Remove ads