CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Re: campaign: seems I have a problem running the page's app. However, manage to enrol, and will try to make adjustments to my computer to fix this thing.

Re: Ideas. They are pretty awesome, man, as usual.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Another important thing to note is that those Squats that are no longer part of the Imperium are a major exporter of mineral resources as well as their technology which is derived from that of the Imperium and thus is very valuable.

OK, sounds good. Imperium tech obtained from the Squats and probably the Imperium worlds that are willing to negotiate (most willingly are those from Brighthammer universes) have gotten people access to some cool gear.

Which people have then gone to replicate. Because whatever else can be said about Warhammer-verse tech, it still is pretty tough and brutal. Battlefield-worthy.

As an example… Chenowth Racing is nowadays mass-producing the Tauros All-Terrain Vehicle.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...es/thumb/2/2b/Tauros06.png/640px-Tauros06.png

http://www.off-road.com/aimages/articlestandard/dunes/492005/225814/DSC_0051.jpg

It's obvious that the more hard-core templar members of the Imperium don't like this, and the call for a Crusade is pretty loud, even although unheeded… for now.

All right... sorry about asking, but need help with this one, man.

Need stats for the 3D Maneuvering Gear from "Attack On Titan". I think that the gas jet the device has provides a bonus to Move Speed and jump distance (although dunno whether it would give an additional penalty to rolls or the rolls would go with the normal DC, just bigger distances), and the grappling cables launched can 1) provide a swinging mobility type (don't have the book on hand r/n, dunno how that could be interpreted) and 2) can be used as a makeshift offensive weapon (penalty to hit because of the awkwardness, Piercing damage (dunno how high-maybe as high as a knife?). Gas is finite, although the series I think doesn't gives a specific limit to it (only mentions that it runs out eventually). Guess it is a pretty high number-dunno, maybe half an hour or so of continuous usage, or maybe that sounds *too* high?

As for setting ideas, I am thinking of adding this thing to The Line… just don't know where in the heck to place it. Probably as an add-on to Neo-Amestris? At the very least the compound with the Walls would be located someplace on Europe (with all the European elements on the series, it just fits).

The Titan Shifters are an issue within the setting, of course, because they are infiltrators-but this is an issue that is part of many others (people infected with viruses, Claymore-verse Yoma, guys with very good cosmetic surgery, etc), and as such the measures to find infiltrators have had to evolve and become standard (DNA testing is a sure-fire way to find Shifters, I guess).

As for actually adding Shifters as a character option… I guess a Template could work (could be wrong, though-although making them a Race is probably not the way to go), with a high Level Adjustment (we're talking about the ability to turn into a giant humanoid kinda-sorta-biological mecha that takes a hell of a lot of punishment (or a pretty precise Called Shot, or a pretty powerful weapon (talking about vaporising everything over the thing's shoulders) to bring down).

Last edited:

Potential Squat Race Stats for Coreline.

(Need Fluff).

Squat Race Stats:
*Type: Humanoid.
*Size: Medium.
*Base Speed: 30 Feet.
*Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma. Squats are hardy but crude.
*Skill Adjustments: +2 on any two Craft checks of choice. Both of these skills always count as class skills. Squats pride themselves as excellent craftsmen.
*Heavy Worlders: Squats start with the Feat "Planetary Adjustment: High-G World".
* Citizens Of The Imperium Of Man (sp (?)): Hundreds of years and countless generations serving the Imperium are not something that can be easily washed away. Squats get a +2 attack bonus towards any enemy with the Evil allegiance (like most fiends), but get a -2 penalty to any diplomatic rolls towards people with this allegiance (or one that is currently opposed to theirs, like being a criminal if the Squat is a cop).
*Level Adjustment: +0 (?)

Ravage_mk2

First Post
I could actually see some Zentraedi factions being VERY interested in the whole Shifter business.

The ability to shift between Zentran and Micron sizes without the need for all those machines?

And faster too, to boot.

As for the "biological mecha" comment, I could actually see an alternate of Asuka Langly, either with or without her EVA, fighting Titans as part of her "training" time in Europe.

One potentially big "Oh F***" moment would be something like the Zerg harvesting the shifting DNA.

"Attack of the 50 Foot Kerrigan" would be the least of our worries....

Those characters as player options, oh that's going to be a bit trickier.

Mutants and Masterminds ruleset will likely have it easier compared to D&D/Modern ruleset, thanks to the point buy and such.

Heck, in effect Titan Shifters aren't that much different from Hank Pim/Ant Man's "Giant" mode?

As for D&D/Modern, I'd think the "Bloodlines" section of Unearthed Arcana could be beneficial as a starting point.

As a mayor bloodline, you'd be taking up to 3 levels in the "titan shifter" bloodline (which are a slightly less harsh version of +1 LA each) and you'd get a set of bonuses/abilities as your total HD reached certain levels.
the 2 other bloodline types take only 1 or 2 of those levels, but also gain less benefits and also slower vs the mayor line.

As for the "take a hell of punishment", well just the size upgrade alone would add a decent chunk of constitution score (and thus HP) in D&D/Modern

Of course, we must remember coreline is a setting where if the Titan is unlucky, they'd run into an 8 year old with a personal ion cannon or something.

Granted, most version of Nanoha might not kill it.

A version of Nanoha allied with / recruited into the Weapon X program however....

Speaking of Nanoha alternates, I could certainly see one of those wearing the mark of certain Magic Guild in the city of Magnolia from the kingdom of Fioré.

Probably the Zentraedi are going crazy in buying any means to expand and shrink from the black market: the Szalinsky (sp?) shrink ray, Pym Particles, those cakes and beverages from Neverland… Titan Shifter DNA is useful for them because not only is it "shrink/grow" stuff, but essentially gives them access to biological powered armour. Guyver without… well, a lot of cool stuff a Guyver has, actually. And still impressively nasty.

Don't have "Unearthed Arcana", unfortunately, but the idea of essentially making the Titan Shifter an Advanced/Prestige Class route with options to give the Titan shape as you go through it actually sounds kind of cool.

Although guess this part of the game is easier in Mutants and Masterminds terms, yeah.

Nanoha… well, I was thinking of a detail for it that is probably too dark. Also needs work on a detail haven't worked on in RP terms.

One of the things mentioned on some of the stories for Coreline posted on DevArt is a mutation called a "Pariah Gene"-essentially a pretty powerful power nullifier. Psionics, superhero powers, magic, blocked and blocked HARD. Guy with a Pariah Gene against a Nanoha-verse wizard is like the Huckebein (or as people probably nick-name them in the setting, the "Hucks"-like "Zeds" for "Zombie") only without the biological need to kill and more ease to put down by conventional means (unless the guy with the Gene is packing something like powered armour and the wizard doesn't even has a pen knife, and then the wizard is SCREWED). The Gene only nullifies the power-the carrier needs to do the rest of the job. Obviously with the crazy that the setting is, a lot of carriers have been forced to become bad***es.

Or seen from a different angle, it's the Pariahs from 40K only more (super-) heroic.

Of course, there are those at TSAB that don't like this Gene, and there are those within that group that are all for rounding Pariah Gene carriers and putting them in front of a firing squad just for existing.

So TSAB has a bit of a secret war going in its corridors while the agency tries to continue its job of policing time and space best it can (guess it has forged alliances with Gallifrey and such).

Dig the ideas for Nanoha, BTW. May try to get art of them… think Nanoha as X-23 is too crazy?

I could actually see some Zentraedi factions being VERY interested in the whole Shifter business.

The ability to shift between Zentran and Micron sizes without the need for all those machines?

And faster too, to boot.

As for the "biological mecha" comment, I could actually see an alternate of Asuka Langly, either with or without her EVA, fighting Titans as part of her "training" time in Europe.

One potentially big "Oh F***" moment would be something like the Zerg harvesting the shifting DNA.

"Attack of the 50 Foot Kerrigan" would be the least of our worries....

Those characters as player options, oh that's going to be a bit trickier.

Mutants and Masterminds ruleset will likely have it easier compared to D&D/Modern ruleset, thanks to the point buy and such.

Heck, in effect Titan Shifters aren't that much different from Hank Pim/Ant Man's "Giant" mode?

As for D&D/Modern, I'd think the "Bloodlines" section of Unearthed Arcana could be beneficial as a starting point.

As a mayor bloodline, you'd be taking up to 3 levels in the "titan shifter" bloodline (which are a slightly less harsh version of +1 LA each) and you'd get a set of bonuses/abilities as your total HD reached certain levels.
the 2 other bloodline types take only 1 or 2 of those levels, but also gain less benefits and also slower vs the mayor line.

As for the "take a hell of punishment", well just the size upgrade alone would add a decent chunk of constitution score (and thus HP) in D&D/Modern

Of course, we must remember coreline is a setting where if the Titan is unlucky, they'd run into an 8 year old with a personal ion cannon or something.

Granted, most version of Nanoha might not kill it.

A version of Nanoha allied with / recruited into the Weapon X program however....

Speaking of Nanoha alternates, I could certainly see one of those wearing the mark of certain Magic Guild in the city of Magnolia from the kingdom of Fioré.

Last edited:

Ravage_mk2

First Post
Thank you Lord Zack, that's indeed from the book.

When it comes to "is it crazy?" with Coreline, I can't help but quote the Mythbusters: "if it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing"

As for Nanoha as a weapon X, more of a question of whether she's on their payroll *willingly* or they have...*incentives*(read: hostages) to get her to co-operate.
And we've all seen how Nanoha can be when she *doesn't* want to harm other people.(even if non lethal, that Starlight Breaker stuff HAS TO HURT LIKE HELL)
Imaging Nanoha without that...restraint....

Of course, if Nanoha isn't *willingly* part of weapon X, then whomever is running that operation is facing a VERY dangerous timebomb....

Nanoha as a Fairy Tail member would fit perfectly. She's got a similar "give it your all" and "for friends!" attitude that the FT bunch strive by.

As for "dark" nanoha, there's a crossover work with Puella Madoka Magic iirc, now *that* is a dark one as far as magical girl series go.

Of course, the Incubators on Coreline have *ALOT* more energy sources and civilizations to study now, so maybe things aren't *quite* as bleak for Madoka and friends?

And one other little crossover aspect for Coreline I could see: some new armour sets for Erza Scarlet.

"Shiroi Akuma" and "Akai Suisei" armours, to name but two....

You make it sound like the TSAB has their own version of the Titans running around.

TSAB having its own Titans… ok, that's spooky.

Madoka Magica-type magical girls having a variety of ways to prevent themselves from becoming Witches (guess infusions (read "injections") of magic to the Soul Gem, actual injections of retro-virus that helps with the Lich-like condition of their bodies and thus helps stem off the need to take energy from the Soul Gem, therapy and the like are available). As for the Incubators… NOBODY likes the Incubators. Well, bad guys do, but good guys…? Only reason why Incubators are not one-shot-killed somehow is because it's a bit harder than it looks, although the hive mind has gotten some battering here and there.

Fairy Tail… sure, is around. Ideas so far sound good, btw.

Remove ads