CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
An interesting quote with implications for Coreline. I could see Rendili replicating a number of different designs from the Milky Way. In particular I could see them building their own battlestars.

That from the Star Wars Essential Guide to Warfare? I have that book..
And if so.. that would be an interesting take.. a SW version of ships from other cultures from other universes..
They maybe make versions that exclusively uses their technology, so it looks superficially similar to battlestars but inside is all SW tech.. so turbolasers, forcefields, hyperdrives.. which could make it more powerful than the original.. but there might be some design features that may not work.. Let me re-read some stuff.. stat up some of their basic stuff then start whipping up some SW versions..

Lord Zack

Explorer
That from the Star Wars Essential Guide to Warfare? I have that book..
And if so.. that would be an interesting take.. a SW version of ships from other cultures from other universes..
They maybe make versions that exclusively uses their technology, so it looks superficially similar to battlestars but inside is all SW tech.. so turbolasers, forcefields, hyperdrives.. which could make it more powerful than the original.. but there might be some design features that may not work.. Let me re-read some stuff.. stat up some of their basic stuff then start whipping up some SW versions..

The Rendili Battlestar might retain some systems of it's Colonial predecessor, such as the non-networked computer systems. In a way it might deliberately hearken back to the Dreadnought-class heavy cruiser with its less automated systems.

kronos182

Adventurer
The Rendili Battlestar might retain some systems of it's Colonial predecessor, such as the non-networked computer systems. In a way it might deliberately hearken back to the Dreadnought-class heavy cruiser with its less automated systems.
If made by a modern Rendili, I doubt they'd keep the non-networked computers.. but I can look into it..

Lord Zack

Explorer
If made by a modern Rendili, I doubt they'd keep the non-networked computers.. but I can look into it..

I mean, it depends on who you are selling it too and what they will use it for. If you are fighting an enemy that is known for their electronic warfare capabilities, like the Cylons, this might actually be a selling point. Also, Rendili's Dreadnaught was notorious for its high crew requirements, so the use of less sophisticated systems by them has precedent.

Another thing I am thinking of is having Anaheim Electronics create a Rendili licensee yard, Anaheim-Rendili StarDrive in the Solar System. Many of these licensee yards exist in the GFFA, with Mon Calamari even having been one. Anaheim-Rendili also does R&D in the system, including the creation of the Sol-class Star Destroyer, which incorporates GFFA tech and design philosophies with Anaheim's design philosophies, including the ability to carry many mobile suits.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
I mean, it depends on who you are selling it too and what they will use it for. If you are fighting an enemy that is known for their electronic warfare capabilities, like the Cylons, this might actually be a selling point. Also, Rendili's Dreadnaught was notorious for its high crew requirements, so the use of less sophisticated systems by them has precedent.

Another thing I am thinking of is having Anaheim Electronics create a Rendili licensee yard, Anaheim-Rendili StarDrive in the Solar System. Many of these licensee yards exist in the GFFA, with Mon Calamari even having been one. Anaheim-Rendili also does R&D in the system, including the creation of the Sol-class Star Destroyer, which incorporates GFFA tech and design philosophies with Anaheim's design philosophies, including the ability to carry many mobile suits.

Also remember the Dreadnaught was created a long time ago in comparison to current tech.. 100 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin), and it had a lot of other problems.. So yes, they did make ships with less automation, but their one 'success' wasn't that great, and they turned their designs away from that type after the Katana Fleet.

HOWEVER.. I could see them doing better and making some ships with less automation than current ships, with more decentralization and some systems completely isolated from others, using more droids & crew to compensate..

A Sol-Class Star Destroyer? PM me more info on it.. size, general shape.. once I start stating up some other stuff (like other SW capital ships, and some more Gundam ships) I can try stating it out.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I don't really agree with your assessment of the Dreadnaught. The design and its derivatives saw well over a century of service. Furthermore, it was specifically the innovations of the Katana-type that were moved away from, meaning subsequent vessels were actually more like the original Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser.

Regarding the Sol-class, I imagine it sharing many of the design features of the Dogosse Giar-class, such as the proportionally large bridge tower, a major difference being the total lack of launch catapults. Instead, the bow has the wedge shape common to many Star Destroyers. The starfighters and mobile suits would be deployed into battle using tractor beams, thus negating the need for launch catapults. The overall tonnage would be similar to the Victory-class Star Destroyer.

kronos182

Adventurer
I don't really agree with your assessment of the Dreadnaught. The design and its derivatives saw well over a century of service. Furthermore, it was specifically the innovations of the Katana-type that were moved away from, meaning subsequent vessels were actually more like the original Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser.

Regarding the Sol-class, I imagine it sharing many of the design features of the Dogosse Giar-class, such as the proportionally large bridge tower, a major difference being the total lack of launch catapults. Instead, the bow has the wedge shape common to many Star Destroyers. The starfighters and mobile suits would be deployed into battle using tractor beams, thus negating the need for launch catapults. The overall tonnage would be similar to the Victory-class Star Destroyer.

I'll have to do some more research.. been awhile since I've read up on the Dreadnaught cruisers.
Once I get some more SW stuff statted up (Victory SD, a few Clone War capital ships and some smaller ships that the players can actually use.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been thinking about a conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Imperium of Man. Not a full-scale war, just centered around a single sector in the Beta Quadrant. The Imperium has declared a Crusade, however, with a Warmaster/Lord Solar being appointed and working with the Commissariat and Inquisition to obtain enough forces for the conflict. The Lord Solar fortunately does have the backing of Mars in this effort, since one of reasons for the calling of the Crusade is the defection of a Forge World to the Empire's side. As for the Imperial Forces, they include multiple surface armies, including newly formed forces taken from local Planetary Defense Forces. These forces are essentially identical to Imperial Guardsmen, except they use the Galactic Empire's Order of Battle for their organization. This is in an effort to reduce supply lines, though some of the sector's industry is given over to producing GFFA designs.

There is an approximately 0% chance that at least one alternate of Captain Jack Sparrow hasn't tried to find the Dragon Balls in order to wish for immortality.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
I've been thinking about a conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Imperium of Man. Not a full-scale war, just centered around a single sector in the Beta Quadrant. The Imperium has declared a Crusade, however, with a Warmaster/Lord Solar being appointed and working with the Commissariat and Inquisition to obtain enough forces for the conflict. The Lord Solar fortunately does have the backing of Mars in this effort, since one of reasons for the calling of the Crusade is the defection of a Forge World to the Empire's side. As for the Imperial Forces, they include multiple surface armies, including newly formed forces taken from local Planetary Defense Forces. These forces are essentially identical to Imperial Guardsmen, except they use the Galactic Empire's Order of Battle for their organization. This is in an effort to reduce supply lines, though some of the sector's industry is given over to producing GFFA designs.

There is an approximately 0% chance that at least one alternate of Captain Jack Sparrow hasn't tried to find the Dragon Balls in order to wish for immortality.

If this is in the Beta Quadrant, how are the Klingons and Romulans going to react to this? Depending in which part of the Beta Quadrant..

Remove ads