• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [DISCUSSION]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Boooo-rriiinng!!!

But yes, if you want.

edit: Then again, you'll need a character first, won't you? ;)

my computer is 'color blind' and it is easier for me to just type with little to no color alterations. I have occasional acces to another computer at a coffee shop, but that is never garenteed.

Characteer concept:

Marcus Dubois- bastard son of a minor noble, always picked on as being the bastard. has left him a bit jaded, but wishes very much to please his father, so tries to do good, but with a 'dark attitude'.

how does that sound so far?

Malvoisin

First Post
my computer is 'color blind' and it is easier for me to just type with little to no color alterations. I have occasional acces to another computer at a coffee shop, but that is never garenteed.

Characteer concept:

Marcus Dubois- bastard son of a minor noble, always picked on as being the bastard. has left him a bit jaded, but wishes very much to please his father, so tries to do good, but with a 'dark attitude'.

how does that sound so far?

Ah, all right then. In that case, white is just fine. :)

Your beginning concept sounds just fine. I forget, though, did you ever specify a class for Marcus?

Shayuri

First Post
Working up a human rogue with the Infernal Bastard trait, a tiefling abandoned by her House who grew up in an orphanage and on the streets. Thorn has a grudge against any and all of the nobility, and should she ever find out what House her parents are in, then her grudge will sharpen and focus considerably.

Probably get some of those 'magic rogue' powers, plus the fast Stealth.

Aiming for Shadowdancer later.

Here's what I have so far:

Thorn
Chaotic Good
Female Chelaxian Human Rogue 1

[sblock=Description][/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Str 10 (0pts) 0
Dex 17 (7 pts) +3
Con 12 (2pts) +1
Int 12 (2pts) +1
Wis 10 (0pts)
Cha 13 (3pts) +1

Hit Points: 9
AC 16 (10 + 3 Dex + 1 dodge + 2 armor)
BAB +0
Melee: +3
Range: +3

Fort +1
Ref +5
Will +0

Race Traits
+2 Any attribute (Dex)
Bonus Skill points
Bonus feat

Class Traits
Sneak Attack 1d6
Trapfinding (+1/2 lvl to detect/disarm traps) +1

Feats
Weapon Finesse
Dodge

Traits
Charming
Infernal Bastard (+2 save vs Fire, Cold, Electricity; 1 Cantrip as at-will Sp)

Skills (10)
Acrobatics +7 (1 rank +3 dex + 3 trained)
Bluff +5 (1 rank + 1 cha + 3 trained) (+1 to those attracted to her)
Disable Device +7 (1 rank + 1 cha + 3 trained)
Disguise +5
Knowledge: Local +5
Linguistics?
Perception +4
Perform +5
Sense Motive +4
Stealth +7

Languages: Common, Infernal

Equipment
Money: 37gp

Weapon:
Rapier, +3 to hit, 1d6 x2 18-20, 20gp, 2lbs
Dagger, +3 to hit, 1d4 x2 19-20, 1gp, 1lb
Light Crossbow, +3 to hit, 1d8 x2 19-20, 35gp, 4lbs

Armor:
Leather Armor, +2 AC, 10gp, 15lbs

Gear:
Backpack, 2gp, 2lbs
Flint/Steel, 1gp
Small Steel Mirror, 10gp, .5lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb
Thieves Tools, 30gp
Waterskin, 1gp, 4lbs

[sblock=Background][/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri and Mowgli, what say you to the idea that House Valanthe is the noble house responsible for a.)the siring and abandonment of Thorn -and- b.)the killing of Slip's family?

...just trying to weave a thread between us...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Shayuri and Mowgli, what say you to the idea that House Valanthe is the noble house responsible for a.)the siring and abandonment of Thorn -and- b.)the killing of Slip's family?

...just trying to weave a thread between us...

I like it! My original intent was to leave it vague so that Malvoisin could use it, but this would give us lots of role play - from Slip's perspective, teaming with a member of his favored enemy race and a member of the House that killed his parents . . . hmmm . . . are we continuing the Shakespearean motif alluded to earlier? :) Will it end up a comedy or a tragedy?

Hopefully, it will end in tragedy for House Valanthe but the rest of us responsible for the demise of the house will happily remain fast friends. :) That was my thought, anyway.

Remove ads