Unearthed Arcana Crawford On Lots Of Stuff! Release Tempo, Video Games, OGL, Conventions, Unearthed Arcana, 2018, Tia

Crawford confirms the brilliant strategy of the D&D team. Thanks for posting the highlights Morrus. Sales and fans returning to D&D are proof that they are doing something right. Bravo!

Crawford confirms the brilliant strategy of the D&D team. Thanks for posting the highlights Morrus. Sales and fans returning to D&D are proof that they are doing something right.

Bravo!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I ran it too. Loved it. Thought it was a very well done AP.

But, that's beside the point that I was responding to. The original point was that somehow drawing elements from other settings and putting them in Forgotten Realms is disrespectful of fans of the original settings and a bad thing. I'm really not sure why.

On that we agree. I like it myself. Heck, I am happy some iconic Greyhawk elements are getting any attention.

Hussar

Legend
On that we agree. I like it myself. Heck, I am happy some iconic Greyhawk elements are getting any attention.

TBH, that's kinda my point. It's unlikely that we're going to see a lot of setting books, at least for a while. This way, we can bring forward some of the really cool ideas - Elemental Evil, Tiamat/Takhisis, Demon Lords, whatever next - from other settings and bring them back into the game without having to tribalize the fandom into different setting fans.

It's not a half bad idea.

I wonder if we can expect a mind flayers and beholders themed high-level campaign? They seem to be among the main veins thus far untapped. But I suppose that they'll be the focus of affairs in large parts of the Rage book.

Staffan

Legend
I wonder if we can expect a mind flayers and beholders themed high-level campaign? They seem to be among the main veins thus far untapped. But I suppose that they'll be the focus of affairs in large parts of the Rage book.

I have a hunch the next storyline after Rage of Demons, or possibly the one after that, will be aberration-themed. That's probably why they're playtesting psionics and using the Far Realm origins of it.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I'm currently running a 5E version of the old Monte Cook Planescape adventure Dead Gods, while also running Princes of the Apocalypse. All as part of a mega-adventure/campaign that spans Sigil, Oerth, Toril, Athas, and two homebrew campaign worlds.

I love that they're discussing all settings, even if the bulk of material is for FR. It's easily adaptable for and usable in almost any setting. They even give suggestions on Princes.

I wouldn't mind seeing them diversify adventures a bit, but as far as sourcebooks, I don't feel they're needed. They already exist....just from prior editions.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads