Level Up (A5E) Create or destroy Water creates nonpotable water. Does purify food and drink make that water potable?

Faolyn

(she/her)
On a month-long journey scale, unless you're running multiple monster encounters every day of the journey in order to exhaust the party's daily resources (which would make for a very tedious game) spell slots are not a cost. Allowing them to replenish Supply removes Supply from the game completely. Spell slots and Supply operate at different scales; they cannot be mathematically equivalent.

You can do what you like in your own game, of course, but if you do choose to allow more spells to replenish Supply, be aware that Supply will stop being a factor in your journeys.
Yeah, I can see that.

Of course, you can't live on water alone, and even if you can create literal tons of water, that won't be enough to count as Supply if there's no food. I know Supply is abstract, but it shouldn't be quite that abstract.

To be honest, I would have gotten rid of create/destroy water altogether, or perhaps given it a costly component and then allowed it to make drinking water (or maybe the same thing as create food and drink and have you turn one serving into multiple). As it is, you could have just created a douse flame spell that does the same thing without having to twist the spell to have it make non-drinkable water, and folded the destroy water part into control water.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To be honest, I would have gotten rid of create/destroy water altogether,
We can't get rid of spells. If they exist in D&D they exist in A5E. EVen if it's not in our book, it's still in a 5E book. What we can do is define Supply as being something that you can only get when a rule specifically says so.

Remove ads