D&D 5E Creating a New Campaign World Based on Hope & Optimism

Interesting! To me, corruption is important because it is an active force. The adventurers can't just sit around counting their gold, because the forces of corruption are actively making the world a worse place. It implies that action must be taken to prevent corruption from occurring.

It also, to me, ties into the idea that a lot of building a better world is in strengthening communities. Corruption is what destroys communities (in my view).
Well, you could use something like "restoration" or "preservation" as the positive word to better oppose corruption, if one of them felt right. Another word with a connotation of "building faithfully" might work better than those.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
This sounds a bit like the background assumptions behind the game TORG. You might find something inspiring there.

P.S. I have no idea how much / little there is available on the Internet about TORG to search through.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Kind of straying from the topic, but this thread made me think that a fun campaign world might be one in which, instead of having a Big Evil to defeat, the Big Evil has recently been defeated. (Think 4th Age Middle Earth.). So everybody is happy, the world is sunshine and roses, and all that's left of the old regime is a few stray gnomes to be hunted down and summarily executed.

Except...people are jerks. While most people are looking forward to peace and prosperity, a handful see a power vacuum and want to take advantage of it.

And some of them, in an attempt to gain the upper hand over the common thugs, start messing around with things that should be left alone...

(Alternately, this would also make a good premise for a sci-fi campaign.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases