• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creating an archer PC

Rackhir

Explorer
With access to PBS, WF, WS, RS, a mighty mw bow, mw arrows, and a combatant's BAB at 4th level you are looking at ~ +10 to hit (translating to virtually never missing at that level) with damage @ 2d8+10. All else being equal, no other combatant can boast such high BAB and DMG output. Not to mention you have the option of having a great AC and great HP's.

NO OTHER COMBATANT CAN BOAST THAT!

Much as I love archers, obiviously you've never met Gunter, the prototypical half orc barbarian. Str 21 +4 for raging (+7/+10), MW Greatsword (+1/+0), WF (+1), BAB (+4/+0) for a total of +13/+10 and we still have room for power attacking...

Last edited:

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
The archer build I normally use is Bard 2 (for skills and arcane)/Rogue 2 (for evasion)/Fighter 4/Deepwood Sniper X/Arcane Archer X/OotBI 2 (or 7, depending on Wis score). You use the first level of Deepwood Sniper to get the +6 BAB requirement for Arcane Archer, and take your OotBI levels as soon as you pick up Weapon Specialization.

This is worth following through Epic Progression. Just keep your Arcane Archer and Deepwood Sniper levels balanced, and rack up your Enchant Arrows and Improved Critical bonuses.

edit: Best part of this beast is the saving throws, especially the Reflex save, which is why I bothered picking up Evasion in the first place.

edit2: Screw the Bard. Use Rogue as your first class, take one level of Sorceror and choose True Strike as one of your first level spells.

Last edited:

Kai Lord

Hero
Jeremy said:
Oh FUN! I haven't gotten to post this in a while.

A while back in one of the archer threads someone stated that a cleric archer couldn't beat a peerless archer on his very best day. Of course the example he was being put against was on a maximum damage critical on a dragon with in 30' that was flatfooted.

The sneak attack damage was just icing on the cake. A critical at longe range would still trump the cleric. And that was just using the stipulation that the archer could only take one PrC. If you remember it was determined that a Ranger/Deepwood Sniper/Peerless Archer with Hunter's Mercy could nuke pretty much anything under deity status at any range.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: RE: The Forsaken One (Ultimate munchy archer...)

mooby said:
How's a Human come by getting access to the Elf domain?

Sheer force of will.

Hong "and the amputation of certain squishy bits" Ooi

Last edited:

Remove ads