D&D 5E creating slimes

Drago Black

Villager
i have seen numerous descriptors of wizards making slimes, but i have not seen any mechanics or feats for creating one. does anyone know if it is in the older books or the process for making one? i'm wanting to make some homebrew slime types

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I think some split in two with application pf slashing weapons and one of the recent eberron books mentions a miniature slime/g cube being a common digestif in droaam, so it cant be too much harder than basic gardening processes like growing a plant from a clipping at worst

Shiroiken

Legend
To player: ask your DM.

To DM: I'd require alchemy proficiency for crafting, and probably cost 100 gp per HD. Remember that transport is going to be extraordinarily difficult.

It's worth mentioning that slimes are fantasy versions of real world organisms: Slime mold - Wikipedia so they can be perfectly natural organisms.

It a frequent trope that slimes are created by magical accident. An experiment goes wrong, the potions get spilled, etc. And thus is not something easily reproducible. Although gelatinous cubes are clearly deliberate creations.

Many types of monsters are said to have been created by wizards. This is another example of NPCs not following the same rules as PCs. High level NPC wizards have the following special traits: a) able to create monsters and b) completely insane.

Drago Black

Villager
It's worth mentioning that slimes are fantasy versions of real world organisms: Slime mold - Wikipedia so they can be perfectly natural organisms.

It a frequent trope that slimes are created by magical accident. An experiment goes wrong, the potions get spilled, etc. And thus is not something easily reproducible. Although gelatinous cubes are clearly deliberate creations.

Many types of monsters are said to have been created by wizards. This is another example of NPCs not following the same rules as PCs. High level NPC wizards have the following special traits: a) able to create monsters and b) completely insane.
that is good knowledge, i've been wanting to see the process that high level wizards use to create gelatinous cubes and certain slimes. i've had a few ideas like a slime that targets injuries and heals them because it was modified by alchemical process along with feeding it healing potions and healing spells to make it part of it's makeup. a soap slime that cleans dungeons and castles aka filth-eater slime, blood slimes that absorb lots of blood and are used my bloodmancers, and necro-slimes that heal undead but cause blight and necrotic damage(obviously created by lichs). just make a variety of slimes that are something that would be utility creations aside from large slimes like gelatinous cubes

If you can get hold of the classic Doctor Who story The Green Death, green slime pretty much identical to that found in D&D is the product of toxic chemical waste.

Remove ads