Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

Should we stick with the "advancement by absorbing fire" or switch to the more pedestrian temporary hp? If we stick
with advancement (which is kind of fun if nonstandard), I do think we should raise to 12hp=1HD, since undead have d12 HD.

Dunno. What do others think?

Hurl fire should have an action type (standard?) and probably a radius. 5 or 10 ft?

Standard action is implied for special abilities, but I'm fine with implicity noting it. 5-foot-radius seems appropriate for the burst.

However, if a battle with other undead is forced upon them, their flames inflict double damage upon "cold" undead such as vampires, liches, wights, and ghouls.

Since such a designation no longer exists, I'd say we either drop this or apply it to undead with immunity to cold.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Since such a designation no longer exists, I'd say we either drop this or apply it to undead with immunity to cold.
I think that idea makes sense. Could apply it to other types of critters, too.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here's an attempted revision to hurl fire...

Hurl Fire (Su): A blazing bones can hurl a head-sized ball of flame as a standard action. This is a ranged attack with no range increments and a maximum range of 20 feet. This miniature fireball deals 2d4 points of fire damage (DC 13 Reflex half) and sets fire to combustibles and damages objects in the area. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Should we borrow the negative level advancement bit from the blood warriors?

Remove ads