• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

We still need another feat, weight, and languages (if any).

Combat Reflexes is tempting, and fits with their combat approach of wildly slashing at everything within reach of their battle dance.

4 pounds weight, same as a Longsword?

I'm thinking they can't speak, but might be persuaded to accept a peculiar dialect of Terran. Although if they live in families they might be able to communicate with each other. Perhaps they have a gestural/somatic language and speak by "dancing".

Cleon

Legend
Combat Reflexes, 4 lb are good. A somatic language kind of appeals.

Same here.

Dance xaver dance!

Hmm, I wonder how my players would react to a Bard accompanied by a chorus-line of xavers?

Bellomy and his Performing Swords, one night only at the Dragon and Flagon...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
:p

Ok, someone else should fix this description:
"As you examine this clearly superior sword, you realize that small legs sprout from its hilt."
Ugg, I'm terrible at this stuff.

Cleon

Legend
:p

Ok, someone else should fix this description:
"As you examine this clearly superior sword, you realize that small legs sprout from its hilt."
Ugg, I'm terrible at this stuff.

How about...

What looked like a finely crafted sword suddenly sprouts wire-thin legs and jumps to its feet. A ring of six emeralds encircling its hilt is revealed to be a cluster of tiny green eyes.

Cleon

Legend

Its touch AC should be 13 (size +1 plus Dex +3).

Rereading the language and tactics the wording looks clumsy:

Xavers have a gestural language through which they speak by "dancing".

Xavers can lie motionless as other creatures approach, looking like an inert weapon, then attack when characters carrying lots of metal come near. They cut with their razor sharp edges, swinging their bodies in a series of wild, circular slashes called a battle dance.
I'd amend as follows:
Xavers cannot speak, but have a gestural language, they "talk" to one another by dancing.

COMBAT
A xaver will lie motionless, looking like an inert weapon, then attacks when creatures carrying metal come near. They cut with their razor sharp edges, swinging their bodies in a series of wild, circular slashes called a battle dance.
I think that's better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads