Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good points on exterminate. We don't want to make them "familiar killaz".

Sprout converts light undergrowth to heavy, but someone can choose to treat it as light but instead suffer 1d3 points of piercing damage?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Attempting to format them...

Distract (Sp): Once per day, a gorse may create a distraction, directing attention to an area of the gorse's choice within 10 feet. Creatures must succeed on a DC X Will save or be fascinated by the specified area for 1 round. This is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability, and is the equivalent of a 0-level spell.

Exterminate (Sp): Once per day, a gorse may attempt to slay miniscule vermin. All Fine animals or vermin within a designated 5-foot-square must succeed on a DC X Fortitude save or die. Alternatively, the gorse may target a single Diminutive animal or vermin within x feet with this ability. This is a death effect, and is the equivalent of a 0-level spell.

Sprout (Sp): Once per day, a gorse can cause thornbushes in a 5-foot-square area to rapidly grow. Any creature moving through the area must either treat it as heavy undergrowth (and avoid the thorns), or treat it as light undergrowth but suffer 1d3 points of piercing damage from the thorns. This effect lasts for x rounds/minutes. This is the equivalent of a 0-level spell.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Seems pretty good.

Exterminate needs a range for the 5ft square option, also. I suggest making it the same as the Diminutive creature option and setting them both to 20 ft.

1 minute for Sprout?

Since these are Sp, saves are automatically Cha-based?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

In addition, 10% of all gorse arrows will be coated with a weak poison that causes confusion for 2d4 rounds if the victim fails a save vs. poison.

Gorse prefer to dwell in the green, thorny flower-bushes they're named after, making lairs forbidding to most predators too large to maneuver through the thorns as the gorse do. If creatures larger than twice their height attempt to enter their bushes, those creatures each take damage equal to 1 hp per round if of AC 6-10, or 1 hp every other round if of AC 4-5. Movement rates through gorse bushes for beings of size S to L are slowed to one-quarter normal; larger and smaller beings are unhampered. If threatened, gorse will retreat deeper into their bushes, luring attackers through the most thickly thorned regions and possibly over logs, pits, and other hard-to-see natural obstacles.

This sounds more like a terrain feature than an actual ability.

Should gorse have woodland stride?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Gorse-arrow Poison: Injury, Fortitude DC X, Confusion for 2d4 rounds, none?
(Never can remember if that's the right format.)

I don't see any problem with woodland stride, though my feeling was that these are just small enough to avoid these kind of obstacles. Agreed that this seems like a terrain feature. Maybe we should say that they live in heavy underbrush?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Skills: 28
Previous version had Concentration +5, Craft (trapmaking) +5, Escape Artist +12, Hide +12, Listen +8, Move Silently +12, Spot +8, Wilderness Lore +6

I think most of those skills are worth keeping, although I'd recommend adding Sense Motive to the mix. And of course, Wilderness Lore becomes Survival.

Feats: 1
Currently it has Alertness, Weapon Focus (miniscule sword). I'm thinking Weapon Focus and Dodge as bonus feats (like sprites). Suggestions for the standard feat?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases