• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creepy Player Habits - WARNING: reading may require a Sanity Check!

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Creepy huh? ok, its 1986, I just started out playing D&D with my some of the guys in my Marine platoon. We were all typical munchkins, hack in slashers but the two guys in our group, lets call them mutt and jeff, were really out there, one thought he was a real life ninja, the other a warlock, anyway, we get back from a deployment from okinawa and these two go back home to I think wisconsin, ron a and kill a gun store owner, then rob a bank. Talk about creepy.

Scott

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Kender42 said:
I'm half-thinking I need to just outlaw him from playing female characters but I don't really want to curtail his options.

How is it curtailing his options to prevent him from indulging in sexual fantasy on your time?

Anyway ....

The story I have about the gamer buddy who showed up to my door without any pants is a lot more amusing if I don't go into the details. Well, except the part about his ripping out the passenger seat of his car so he could replace it with a laptop.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Last game I played in, I played a Dwarf with a "thing" for female elves. Two other players, good friends that always go to game together. One of them decides to retire his male character and bring in a female elf. I know its just to have some humous roleplay with my dwarf. But one game, a game where I was not there, his female elf and his friends character "got it on". I could understand them doing that just to play a joke on my charater, see my reaction, ect.. But i was not there, the DM told me he was freaked out by it.

Torm

Explorer
The first DM I ever had was my best friend's dad when I was in the 4th grade - his whole family played D&D as a family-time game. No strangeness there, except perhaps the most June-and-Ward-Cleaver D&D game I can ever remember playing. ;)

But my second DM, through 6th-8th grades, was a really scary guy. He was in college, but he only played with high school and jr. high school students. He always had his fingernails painted black with strange pictures or symbols painted in gold on top. He made us memorize our character sheets, so we could play in faint candlelight - just good enough to see our dice rolls. From the time we entered his game room, til we left, EVERYTHING we said was "in character". And if your character died, you had to leave, and essentially beg him to spend the time on helping you make a new character - always first level, of course. :\

In the town I lived in, every Halloween several people's housepets would go missing - to turn up later decapitated. And one year, it happened to a small child. Whenever the subject would come up, our DM would always have a knowing little smile on his face, but wouldn't say anything. :uhoh:

When I read the Chick Tract on D&D, I kinda thought he must have met my DM. I'd have probably been ready to think the whole game was some sort of gateway to Satanism if it hadn't been for my earlier experiences with my friend's family.

Dark Jezter

First Post
replicant2 said:
Creepiest player? I think we have a winner.
Agreed. Dr. Awkward's story actually made me shiver. :eek:

If I were in Dr. Awkward's situation, I know I wouldn't be able to stomach hanging around that person any longer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads