Critical Role Critical Role Campaign 3 Discussion (SPOILERS)

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I usually only watch the first half "live" on the night and don't bother watching the second half. This is the first time I actually missed anything really...relevant because of that policy. Though the idea of checking in to watch a 2-hour-long fight where the conclusion is already known doesn't sound incredibly appealing.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Classic “let’s run” as the stated plan and just keep attacking instead of properly running. Overconfident players low on resources and not fleeing.

ETA: Near the end, Sam says FCG’s out of spells, so he’s not reviving anyone with magic.

Last edited:

Classic “let’s run” as the stated plan and just keep attacking instead of properly running. Overconfident players low on resources and not fleeing.

ETA: Near the end, Sam says FCG’s out of spells, so he’s not reviving anyone with magic.
He seems to have meant "except for the slot I need for revivify", so that should be OK as long as he gets Fearne up.

OB1

Jedi Master
Dropping the spoiler tags since we are a full day past the Youtube release of the latest episode, but for those not caught up, you may not want to read any further.

SPOILERS

Wow, so the party went with Orym, which made a lot of sense. I don't believe for a second that Ashley or Fearne used the result of the coin flip to determine what they were doing. I think they used it to provide cover for what they decided (Ashley to prevent online harassment, Fearne to prevent character harassment). Fearne was just too connected to Orym for her to choose to revivify Laudna. Great commitment to the characters there.

And with Laudna dead and Matt's little bit about Gentle Repose stopping 'something' my thoughts immediately went to Delilah attempting to raise Laudna as a Deathlock. The description in MotM fits perfectly. I wonder if they had waited on GR, if Laudna would have come back seeming fine, but actually being under Matt/Delilah's control. They probably now have to decide between either figuring out a way to resurrect her (which has it's own interesting questions about what soul would come back, since she's been dead for 30 years) or figure out a way to bury her so that she can't come back as a Deathlock. And all of this with the time pressure of the upcoming solstice.

Brilliant resolution to the previous week, and I can't wait to see where it goes next!

It was definitely a stab to the other players when Marisha left the table.

I would have been surprised if Fearne had not raised Orym, but I can appreciate the coin flip as a potential mask. Tough situation.

It's 10 days to get a raise dead? The only person I can think of, to ever start looking, is their patron back in the starting city. Any bets as to what Marisha's new character will be? I don't think the party will make it unless it becomes their #1 priority. Even then...

OB1

Jedi Master
@Baron Opal II Gentle Repose extends the time limit for raise dead and reincarnate (not to mention preventing Laudna from becoming a Deathlock) and could theoretically allow her to be raised whenever FCG hits 9th level, as long as they keep casting it every 10 days. That said, I think we've seen the last of Laudna, I'd guess they end up burying her in a Hallowed graveyard to prevent her from coming back. Given her undead nature to begin with, it's not clear who would come back if they did try to raise dead.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
@Baron Opal II Gentle Repose extends the time limit for raise dead and reincarnate (not to mention preventing Laudna from becoming a Deathlock) and could theoretically allow her to be raised whenever FCG hits 9th level, as long as they keep casting it every 10 days. That said, I think we've seen the last of Laudna, I'd guess they end up burying her in a Hallowed graveyard to prevent her from coming back. Given her undead nature to begin with, it's not clear who would come back if they did try to raise dead.

Yeah, that's probably the route this will go.

I really do hope she doesn't come back "different" as an antagonist. They've done that already!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I’m not sure Laudna’s done. The PCs are built with connections to some very powerful people. One sending spell and Keyleth can pop up to cast reincarnation. Eshteross has a lot of connections. There’s bound to be a cleric of sufficient level in the city. It’s likely more a question of what Marisha wants to do. Wait an episode or two before coming back as Laudna or wait an episode or two before introducing her new character.

Remove ads