Critical Role Critical Role Campaign 3 Discussion (SPOILERS)

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Nope, not how I feel about CR2.

In C2, I remember the first moment that Jester's group met Nott and Caleb. It was an actual character moment, instead of in CR3 where everyone meets up because a cart of animated objects spills over.

They still feel like strangers here, but the meeting feels way more natural to me.
The initial meeting felt a bit natural, yes. But they continued together for very little reason and the party was effectively multiple sub groups not trusting each other for quite a bit.

That's not my reading of the situation. He looked both shocked and amused (as he does everytime something like this happens). Sam does things like this all the time and it is arguably a good thing from a spectator point of view.
Yeah he did at first. There was a point where the game wasn't resuming and he kinda... pouted? Talisen piped up with something like "if we're gonna derail at least this is a good one." Or something like that.

Have you met Sam? He pulls this stuff since campaign one. Choosing what moments to disrupt. If Matt was not okay with it he would've talked with Sam by now...
Yeah, I've noticed that.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Yeah he did at first. There was a point where the game wasn't resuming and he kinda... pouted? Talisen piped up with something like "if we're gonna derail at least this is a good one." Or something like that.
This is down to a matter of perception and projection. I've just rewatched the clip and I absolutely get no pouting or anything close to that from him.

First I've heard of it. Interesting to see a spin-off comic about a Campaign 2 NPC who wasn't even featured terribly prominently during the campaign.

jgsugden

Legend
First I've heard of it. Interesting to see a spin-off comic about a Campaign 2 NPC who wasn't even featured terribly prominently during the campaign.
The level of prominence was due to PC decisions. When the comic first started the planning sessions, they were likely at a point where the Bright Queen could have been a major factor in the resolution of the stories.

She's also a fascinating character in her own right that due to various story reasons Mercer did not explore as much as she could have been. It makes a lot of sense to expand upon her more.

What's fascinating is that story is set way after Campaign 2 and 3 if I read the date correctly. Hopefully Campaign 3 won't end with with some world shattering incident that requires a serious course correct for the series =p

Remove ads