Critical Role Issues Statement

YouTube is designed to make you mad. Don't let it.
Man, this is Twitter in a nutshell with the new algorithm. Instead of showing you posts from people you follow in chronological order, it shows you a selected assortment of posts on subjects you've shown interest in from people you've never heard of. I've read takes ranging from "WotC is trying to cancel cultural conservatives" to "this was all instigated by reactionaries against 'woke' D&D," with hundreds of conventional lefty "late-stage capitalism corporate greed" takes in the "middle."

Scribe

Legend
I mean, I didn't memorize it or anything, but I remember the word "shameful."

Someone choosing to throw shade at CR, in their own castle (Twitter)?

Man, this is Twitter in a nutshell with the new algorithm. Instead of showing you posts from people you follow in chronological order, it shows you a selected assortment of posts on subjects you've shown interest in from people you've never heard of. I've read takes ranging from "WotC is trying to cancel cultural conservatives" to "this was all instigated by reactionaries against 'woke' D&D," with hundreds of conventional lefty "late-stage capitalism corporate greed" takes in the "middle."

Echo Chamber or Hate Engine, or both. Social Media is a bane on our society.

Yeah I just saw a tweet that said "rumor has it now that WotC is putting OneD&D behind a pay wall, no physical books will be released" (not exact quote). They would be really, like in another galaxy, out of touch if they did this.

Yeah I just saw a tweet that said "rumor has it now that WotC is putting OneD&D behind a pay wall, no physical books will be released" (not exact quote). They would be really, like in another galaxy, out of touch if they did this.
There's crazier stuff than that! A lot of them are (willfully or otherwise) just completely uninformed. I've seen "Wizards is trying to force DMs to pay royalties for running their games!" :D

Last edited:

There's crazier stuff than that! A lot of them are (willfully) or otherwise just completely uninformed. I've seen "Wizards is trying to force DMs to pay royalties for running their games!" :D
I also saw Ginny Di being labeled as the whistle blower and she's had to correct people who ask her if she's been fired from WotC lol

There's crazier stuff than that! A lot of them are (willfully or otherwise) just completely uninformed. I've seen "Wizards is trying to force DMs to pay royalties for running their games!" :D
The Guardian article was SO BAD it could be construed as saying that.

Though let's be real if WotC honestly thought they could get us to send them $10 every time we ran a game, they'd be working on that.

BrassDragon

Adventurer
Supporter
The Guardian article was SO BAD it could be construed as saying that.

Though let's be real if WotC honestly thought they could get us to send them $10 every time we ran a game, they'd be working on that.
We haven't seen the business model behind their upcoming VTT yet. There's still time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases