Critical Role Critical Role Kickstarter Predition Game: Guess the Funding Outcome (GTFO)

dave2008

Legend
[MENTION=6796086] WHOLE SECOND EPISODE at the $5.75M mark.
Clarification: that is two (2) more 22 minute episodes for the $5.75M mark. In addition, they clarified in their update that the previous funding will be for four (4) 22 minutes episodes of a series. The new stretch goals will add to that series and start a new story arc (Briarwoods)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Clarification: that is two (2) more 22 minute episodes for the $5.75M mark. In addition, they clarified in their update that the previous funding will be for four (4) 22 minutes episodes of a series. The new stretch goals will add to that series and start a new story arc (Briarwoods)
*heavy breathing*
Yep, you're absolutely right. I'm still reading through the massive update on their Kickstarter page. Thanks for the clarification! Did you want to make a guess on the final outcome?

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
I have a feeling that with the new stretch goals my $6,000,000 just got blown. Before they released the one "movie" to series conversion it looked like the motivation for funding was pretty low but If they want to do a whole animated series I could see critters and D&D fans pooling together to get that done. Its been an long standing irritation of mine that their has not been a good D&D series that was not aimed at kids in the modern era.

I just hope they take a page from goblin slayer and track spell slots, healing potions, and arrows. It makes for some more interesting "we are running out of resources" moments you don't get other wise.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
*heavy breathing*
Yep, you're absolutely right. I'm still reading through the massive update on their Kickstarter page. Thanks for the clarification! Did you want to make a guess on the final outcome?

Yes, but I was going to wait until after their show this week. I think that will give me a better idea where this all going. Maybe it is to late, but I think you should have limited the time to submit a guess to today.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Yes, but I was going to wait until after their show this week. I think that will give me a better idea where this all going. Maybe it is to late, but I think you should have limited the time to submit a guess to today.
I thought about it, but I wanted to wait a week to give my fellow ENWorlders ample time to see the contest and chime in.

I'm waiting until Monday morning to make my guess. I imagine a significant number of fans won't know about it until after Thursday's gaming session, and/or after the episode gets posted to YouTube on Monday. I have a feeling this Kickstarter is going to shatter records; Critters are a force to be reckoned with. (It's at $5.4M right now, with over 40K backers and 43 days remaining...that's insane.)

Last edited:

Remove ads