Critical Role Critical Role's new set

Mort

Legend
Supporter
And it's a business expense! Writing off gaming on your taxes would be awesome.

When 3 first came out. My friend started a gaming club at a major Pharmaceutical company. I didn't work there, but they imported me in to DM 3e (It was a bit surreal having to go through security layers to get to the room to DM!).

We had a food budget and could even requisition "equipment" as needed (mostly pens, paper etc. but I requisitioned a projector a few times, just because I could)!

My accountant labeled me a consultant and I could write off the train fare etc. as a business expense (I never did decide to bill the company for my time, 20 years ago wouldn't even have considered it! Now, it's an actual thing.)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
When 3 first came out. My friend started a gaming club at a major Pharmaceutical company. I didn't work there, but they imported me in to DM 3e (It was a bit surreal having to go through security layers to get to the room to DM!).

We had a food budget and could even requisition "equipment" as needed (mostly pens, paper etc. but I requisitioned a projector a few times, just because I could)!

My accountant labeled me a consultant and I could write off the train fare etc. as a business expense (I never did decide to bill the company for my time, 20 years ago wouldn't even have considered it! Now, it's an actual thing.)
That's awesome. A buddy of mine who was my DM for 15 years has been in big streaming shows with WotC and others. In 2018 or 2019 he went to Europe with Satine Phoenix and toured Europe's game stores DMing as part of some sort of promotion. I was jealous on more than one front, including his ability to write off a multi-week European gaming tour.

I was teaching ESL for the Canadian agriculture department and one of the two days we had was playing D&D in English. That was 25 years ago and it was really fun (playing basic with them). Getting paid to play D&D was a blast. They started their own group after a while. But that dept was closed because of budget compressions. They were relocated in other regions. We kept in touch a few years but we finally lost contact after a while.

Remove ads