Critical Role Critical Role's Sold Out Wembley Arena Show

Critical Role played Wembley Arena this week to over 12,000 people, and folks on social media shared images!

Critical Role played London's Wembley Arena this week to over 12,000 people, and folks on social media shared images!

Built in 1934 next to the famous Wembley Stadium, Wembley Arena is the UK's 9th largest indoor arena and has hosted acts such as Queen, ABBA, Beyoncé, and Madonna.

ross1.jpg

From Rachel Romero who posted on Twitter
ross2.jpg

From Rachel Romero who posted on Twitter

c1.jpeg

From Castfireballminiatures

HomegrownHydra

Adventurer
It depends upon what you mean by scripted.
The person who made the claim that the show was scripted was very clear what they meant by "scripted". None of what you describe about the show fits that intended meaning of "scripted".
Scripted IMO is a far stretch.
Then why are you interjecting into the conversation? The show is not scripted. Period. Describing how the show is not pure improv done in secret isn't relevant to rebutting the false accusation that the show is scripted and rehearsed like professional wrestling.

jgsugden

Legend
....Some level of hesitation to spend a significant quantity of an absolutely finite unrecoverable resource of seems reasonable to me.
And it would be if the time was committed. If, on the other hand, you can just walk away at any moment, whether you enjoy it or not ... However, this is again another attempt that seems aimed to convince me that the problem occurs. I don't disagree. Again, I am not saying that people don't think this way. I am saying it is, in the end, nonsensical. For the arguments you make to be sensical, there would need to be obligation.

Let's say I listen to 1 episode. I like it. However, I have other things I'd rather do than watch or listen to more. I walk and never listen again. No biggie.

Let's say I start watching during a lull period and get through 10 fun episodes. Then I get busy and have no more time for it. I walk and never listen again. No biggie.

There is no contract here. You don't have to listen to anything in full to enjoy it.

If you think it sounds fun, and there is no cost to walking away, then there is not a cost to walking away.

Do you fear you'll like it, but not have the time to continue? Then you enjoyed a short program and moved on, just like watching a movie and moving on to something else. Why fear that? Do you fear you'll watch a movie, grow to love the characters, and be angry there isn't a sequel?

And it would be if the time was committed. If, on the other hand, you can just walk away at any moment, whether you enjoy it or not ... However, this is again another attempt that seems aimed to convince me that the problem occurs. I don't disagree. Again, I am not saying that people don't think this way. I am saying it is, in the end, nonsensical. For the arguments you make to be sensical, there would need to be obligation.

Let's say I listen to 1 episode. I like it. However, I have other things I'd rather do than watch or listen to more. I walk and never listen again. No biggie.

Let's say I start watching during a lull period and get through 10 fun episodes. Then I get busy and have no more time for it. I walk and never listen again. No biggie.

There is no contract here. You don't have to listen to anything in full to enjoy it.

If you think it sounds fun, and there is no cost to walking away, then there is not a cost to walking away.

Do you fear you'll like it, but not have the time to continue? Then you enjoyed a short program and moved on, just like watching a movie and moving on to something else. Why fear that? Do you fear you'll watch a movie, grow to love the characters, and be angry there isn't a sequel?
It's like any other long-running serialized programming. The fears are:

1. Will I be able to complete the story?
2. With all that time necessary to complete the story, will I like it?

Certainly folks can just enjoy whatever they are able to consume even if it doesn't lead to something "finished".

But some folks like to experience "complete" works and that colors how they evaluate their willingness to commit time on the front end.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads