Critical Role Critical Role Appearing At London's Wembley Arena!

Two massive live events in London this October!

london_live_show_2023_rev1-1-1024x576.jpg

Geekdom has come a long way in recent years, and nothing demonstrates this more than an arena packed with people there to watch a roleplaying game! And the stars of Critical Role will be appearing at two events in London, UK, in October.

The Mighty Nein Reunion event takes place on Wednesday, 25th October. Tickets go on sale this weekend, starting with followers of the Critical Role newsletter before opening widely on Monday, 17th July.

Additionally, on October 29th, the crew will be appearing at the ExCel London as part of London MCM 2023.

With introductions by the brilliant Daniel Sloss, join Matthew Mercer, Ashley Johnson, Marisha Ray, Taliesin Jaffe, Travis Willingham, Sam Riegel, Laura Bailey, and Liam O’Brien as they reprise their roles with as the chaotic Mighty Nein crew who must join forces yet again to deal with the rolling dangers suddenly unleashed from the Apogee Solstice

Clint_L

Hero
That's a 12,000+ seat venue!

Love them, hate them, or indifferent, you gotta give props to a bunch of friends who took their home (Pathfinder) game, turned it into what was thought would be a very niche Geek and Sundry D&D livestream, and little more than a decade from playing their first game together are sitting on top of a small entertainment empire.

I remember watching their livestream when they were beyond thrilled to sell out their first set of a hundred t-shirts or so.

What a world we live in, where 12,000 people will pay big money to watch a live D&D game. If you'd told my 12 year old self...

darjr

I crit!
That's a 12,000+ seat venue!

Love them, hate them, or indifferent, you gotta give props to a bunch of friends who took their home (Pathfinder) game, turned it into what was thought would be a very niche Geek and Sundry D&D livestream, and little more than a decade from playing their first game together are sitting on top of a small entertainment empire.

I remember watching their livestream when they were beyond thrilled to sell out their first set of a hundred t-shirts or so.

What a world we live in, where 12,000 people will pay big money to watch a live D&D game. If you'd told my 12 year old self...
Absolutely amazing and wonderful.

Small bit of trivia the very first game was a simplified 4e. In the video where Matt brings up them playing live Marisha (I think) exclaimed “Does that mean we’re going back to Themes?!” which I think is a reference to 4e.

They switched to Pathfinder right after.

IMG_7831.jpeg

I mean, I remember telling my dad, back in the early '90s, that D&D was going to be a lot more mainstream by the time people my age got to his age then (which is about where we are), but I have to admit, even I didn't think we'd be in "D&D group playing Wembley arena sells out in 10 minutes" territory. That's insane.

I saw Radiohead (and DJ Shadow) there in 1997, I note.

Clint_L

Hero
I can't wait to watch the stream of that show! The energy from the audience will be incredible!

I know some folks don't like Critical Role, but it makes me very happy to think of 12,000 nerds like us gathering to watch a game of D&D like it's a rock concert. Playing D&D was something my friends and I used to hide, back when we were in school.

Remove ads

Remove ads