Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium is visibly not impressed by the surprise and laughs a loud laugh. He lowers his battleaxe and almost poses while he stands there. He starts talking in latin with the hope they understand him~
“I am a priest of Clangeddin Silverbeard, the dwarven war god, your skeletons are no match for my powers and you two will be dealt with easily as well. Surrender yourselves or you will fall where you stand!!”

Ooc: no combat action. Diplomacy +6

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius grunts and draws his weapons with startling speed. Whirling them in front of him to drive the strange lizardmen back he waits for an opening to strike.

OOC: Nice "diplomacy" Dhormium, sounds more like intimidation to me :)

Quick draw weapons and full attack, if the diplomacy fails that is

doghead

thotd
Marcus the Gypsy

Hearing Dhormium's challenge, Marcus swiftly crosses the main hall to the first hidden door. He cuts across in an arc, trying to remain unseen, at least for a while. He draws his shortsword and looks glances through the door, hoping that maybe he can surprise one of the opponents.

[szie=1]ooc: looking for a sneak attack (assuming that its possible) or a flank, rear, surprise attack - melee +8 mw shortsword (1d6, 19-20x2)[/size]

Manzanita

First Post
crypt fight

The lizardmen move in almost complete silence, slashing at the fighters. They make no response to Dhormium. Observent party members notice Brioc's scimitar, though drawn, is not glowing.

They spill out though the door, forcing Octar and Tullius back a step. Octar's sheild keeps his opponent at bay, but the other one catches a claw through Tullius' chain shirt. Though the wound is slight (2 pts), Tullius a chill deep into his being. He shakes it off, but knows this is no living lizardman.

Brioc moves in next to Tullius, and slashes with his black scimitar. He and Tullius both sink their weapons into their undead opponent, Tullius hewing off the creature's left arm with his axe, though no blood appears to flow.

Octar also imbeds his sword in his opponent's breast, to little apparent effect.

Marcus siddles around behind Octar, but currently the enemy is bottled up in the doorway.

Despaxas

First Post
"Hah, more of these dead freaks. Dhormium, do your thing!" Tullius grins in anticipation while slashing and hacking at the dead lizardman in front of him. His battleaxe chopping down on the other arm and his shortsword whistling through the air.

Krilith

First Post
~What, no blood? These lizards must be undead as too. Dhormium raises his battleaxe once again, holding it proudly and speaks his prayer~ “Clangeddin God, give me the strength to defeat my enemy! I offered mercy but they defied me, let me now offer them their death!

Ooc: turn undead, charmisma mod +1
Tullius, I used diplomacy to convince them it was wiser to surrender.
I admit the alternative I offered was a bit...ahm...harsh? So intimidate would have been a good 2nd, but I don’t have a lot of skillpoints in that one.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar sets about in a businesslike fashion dismembering the undead lizardmen. He is surprised he is not more disconcerted by the dead moving- but then, maybe it is because they are not human dead, and thus not much more strange than a live lizardman.

Am moved, and internet access is likely to be good, but it looks like I'm going to be working 12+ hour days, 7 days a week. Or so they tell me. I wouldn't feel worried about it, except they're also giving me responsibility. All quite intimidating for a recent high-school graduate.

Anyway, I'm not dropping out by any means, and should be on every 2-3 days, I think. Here goes.

Manzanita

First Post
Good luck, TH!

The undead continue to fight despite their wounds. One slips a talon past Octar's sheild. Although it is only a scratch (2 pts dmg), Octar too, feels a deep chill set in. Steeling himself, he is able to shake it off.

Brioc and Octar slash at their opponents, doing minor damage. Then Dhormium holds up his waraxe symbol, and calls on the power of his god. Immediately, the lizardmen release a high-pitched scream, and cover their faces with what hands they have left. Behind them, the skeletons quiver, then fall to pieces. As the lizardmen stumble into retreat, Tullius hacks them apart.

[battle over]

Inside, the room is painted similarly to the last crypt. This one holds no sarcophogus, instead merely a table, a chair and a chest. The chest's lid is clear crystle. Inside two potion flasks, a bone scrollcase, and a jumble of gold coins.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium lowers his battleaxe and is extremely content~
"See, the power of God Clangeddin, offering mercy when it could vanquish one with the same effort. Clangeddin Silverbeard, I thank you for the trust and power you grant me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads