• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Code:
Str=12, +1  
Dex=12, +1 
Con=10, +0 
Int=18, +4 
Wis=8, -1
Cha=14, +2
Alignment: NG[center]Hp=14
Initiative=+1
Base Attack Bonus=1
AC=15(touch=11, flat footed=14)[/center]

[color=red]Saves:[/color]

Fortitude: 0 (0 base + 0 ability mod)
Reflex:  1 (0 base + 1 ability mod)
Will:  2 (3 base -1 ability mod)

[color=red]Skills: (only those with Ranks)[/color]

Bluff (cc)= 6 (2 ability mod+ 2 ranks + 2 misc mod)
Concentration=5/9 (0 ability mod + 5 ranks + 4misc mod when casting)
Diplomacy (cc) = 4 (2 ability mod + 2 ranks)
Gather Information (cc) = 4 (2 ability mod + 2 ranks)
Intimidate= 9 (2 ability mod + 5 ranks + 2 misc mod)
Knowledge(arcana)=9 (4 ability mod + 5 ranks)
Knowledge(history)= 9 (4 ability mod + 5 ranks)
Listen (cc) = -1 (-1 ability mod + 5 ranks)
Spellcraft= 7 (4 ability mod + 3 rank)
Spot (cc) =-1 ( -1 ability mod + 0 ranks)

[color=red]Feats:[/color]

Combat Casting
Toughness
*bonus* Persuasive

[color=red]Class Features:[/color]

Armored Mage, Warmage Edge, Simple Weapon Proficiency,
Light Armor Proficiency, Light Shield Proficiency

[color=red]Equipment:[/color]

Studded Leather Armor, Buckler, Light Crossbow, Bolts (20), 
Spell Component Pouch, Belt Pouch (2), Flask of Acid (2), 
Sunrod (2), Mage Armor Potion (4), Cure Light Wounds Potion (10) 

[color=red]Attacking:[/color]

Light Crossbow: +2   Dmg: 1d8  Crit: 19-20x2  Range: 80ft

[color=red]Daily Spells:[/color]

0 level: [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]
1st level: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Spell Save DC= 10+CHA (2) +spell lvl

[color=red]Spell List:[/color]

[color=orange]Cantrips[/color]
Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Light, Ray of Frost

[color=orange]1st level[/color]
Accurracy, Burning Hands, Chill Touch, Fist of Stone, Hail of Stone,
Magic Missile, Lesser Orb of Acid, Lesser Orb of Cold, Lesser
Orb of Electricity, Lesser Orb of Fire, Lesser Orb of Sound,
Shocking Grasp, True Strike

[color=red]Money[/color]

900gp-809gp=97gp left

[color=red]Carrying Capacity and Equipment Weight[/color]

Light Load: 43lbs
Med Load: 86lbs
Heavy Load: 130lbs

Weight of Equipment: 38lbs. 

[color=red]Speed:[/color]

30ft

[color=red]Languages:[/color]

Common
Goblin
Orc
Giant
Draconic

Wish I was in Greece. Oklahoma sucks.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I love Eberron, so I'll drop a concept.
Would you allow a Wu jen human? In case you do, heres some background.

Dimliz the Wu jen Background :
In the far mountains, lived a community of humans, who isolated themselves from the world. They studied the ways of the elements. But not the "common" elements, wood and metal appear in his lists. Through meditation and hours of study, these mens and womans learned ancient magic, that was transmitted through generations. Those enlighten peoples wield powerful magic, able to twist and morph the elements at their will.
Among them, lived Dimlez, a red haired man, with cruel eyes. As son of one of the most elder man in the community, his was not casted away because of his evilness. Dimlez mastered the use of the ice, cold spells as his heart is. At the beginning, his actions drive the attention of his masters, because the young man enjoy freezing his peers drinks and even their hair.
Time passed and Dimliz actions grew crueler and with dire consequence, up to the point when he killed an elders grandson with his cold and evil magic. He excused himself, saying someone in a dream told him to kill the boy. Of course nobody believed him, not even his father. He was imprisoned, until the elders decided what to do with the assassin.
The elders would not tolerate Dimliz among them any more, so that morning, he was casted away. He was magically blindfolded, and then, let alone away from the mountains. By the time he recovered his view, he was alone, in the middle of a vast plane, covered with yellow grasses.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Luger
Warforged Fighter 2
LN Medium construct (living construct)
Init +4 Senses Listen +5.5, Spot +5.5
Languages Common, Goblin

AC 21 (+1 Dex, +8 armor, +2 shield), Touch 11, Flat-Footed 20
hp 23 (2 HD); DR 2/adamantine
Immune poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, sickened, energy drain, non-lethal damage
Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +1, +3 save vs. fear

Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Melee longsword +6 melee (1d8+3/19-20) or shortbow +3 ranged (1d6/x3)
Full Attack longsword +6 melee (1d8+3/19-20) or shortbow +3 ranged (1d6/x3)
Base Atk +2; Grp +5
Special Atk slam +5 melee (1d4+3/x2)
Combat Gear Oil of repair light wounds (10)

Abilities Str 16, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 6
Feats Adamantine Body, Alertness, Improved Resiliency
Skills Listen +5.5 [5/2 ranks], Spot +5.5 [5/2 ranks], Tumble -1.5 [5/2 ranks]
Possessions masterwork longsword, large steel shield, combat gear, 65 gold coins.

Battle Hardened (Ex): A warforged fighter is crafted for battle, ready to act at a moment's notice and hardened against terror. He gains a +3 bonus on initiative checks and on saves against fear effects.
This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at 1st level.
Bonus Warforged Feat: At 2nd level, a warforged fighter can select any warforged feat for which he meets the prerequisites as a bonus feat.
This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at 2nd level.

Progression
3rd - Improved Damage Reduction
4th - Body as Weapon
6th - Improved Fortification, Second Slam

History
Luger is only 5 years aged, having only contributed to the last few battles on the Cyre-Darguun borders. Luger fought in a number of pitched battles and small skirmishes, but his heavy daunting frame made it hard for him to keep up with the gorilla tactics the hobgoblins employed. While he was rarely scraped, he also did very little to wear down his enemy.

After the war, Luger moved to Brelland and served as a bouncer for a number of small bars and establishments. While Luger lacked the intimidating demeanor of a more common half-orc or human grunt, he was tough enough to make the cut. Against unarmed, unskilled, and untrained fists, Luger could be counted on to take at least a dozen of them down. Of course, Luger did not have these standard weaknesses when it came to a brawl, and he injured, maimed, and mauled more than his fair share of patrons. Then, by sheer accident, he killed a poor client with his metal hands one late night.

The bar owner took it upon himself to "punish" the errant "tool." He had Luger boxed up and shipped to parts far away. Somehow, by pure luck perhaps, Luger didn't quite make his destination. Somehow he ended up here in Falcon's Hallow.

(Temp.)

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
Ok- we'll make it a group of six. I've never seen a Wu Jen in play and having a Rogue fills the group out nicely. I'll put up some more town info, persons and places of note in a bit to give you some notes to work yourself into Falcon's Hollow.

Wish I was in Greece. Oklahoma sucks.
I know all about it. Originally I'm from Ft. Smith Arkansas, so I grew up right on the border.

Our hero's of somewhat questionable morality:
1 okuth0r - Dwarven Samurai
2 Creamsteak - Warforged Fighter
3 Onlythestrong: Aidan Daniels - Human Warmage
4 WarShrike: Azog - Half-Orc Cleric
5 Voda Vosa - Human Wu Jen
6 Ferrix - Rogueish type

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
You can use the Spot skill or the Search skill. I've seen this in a House Rule in a pbp I lurk on and thought I would make it an option here as well. So you'll get a passive Spot check that I will secretly roll when you are close to a trap, but you may still actively Search as well if you are suspicious and think you might not have spotted it.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Corpseflower said:
You can use the Spot skill or the Search skill. I've seen this in a House Rule in a pbp I lurk on and thought I would make it an option here as well. So you'll get a passive Spot check that I will secretly roll when you are close to a trap, but you may still actively Search as well if you are suspicious and think you might not have spotted it.

Ah, that works.

Remove ads