Crusader Kings III

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Nice always fun playing in that area across numerous Paradox titles.

Gonna try and inherit Sweden?

Denmark's often a nice area to get. Not as good as Brussels, Egypt, Constantinople but comparable to say London.

This guy usually does interesting paradox videos.

Count Guide.

Might have to try the African Queen matriarchal empire with historical settings.

Ive been checking the succession for Sweden but I'm not very good at arranging succession in other realms to suit me, normally it happens accidentally. I think i need a whole other mindset for it. I'm thinking of going down the intrigue skill trees and seeing what I can do with them. I'll probably just subjugate them at a later date.

I'll check out his video. Quill18 has some interesting ones, some others are about that have helped me understand the rules of succession. I think that's what I've always had issues with.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ive been checking the succession for Sweden but I'm not very good at arranging succession in other realms to suit me, normally it happens accidentally. I think i need a whole other mindset for it. I'm thinking of going down the intrigue skill trees and seeing what I can do with them. I'll probably just subjugate them at a later date.

I'll check out his video. Quill18 has some interesting ones, some others are about that have helped me understand the rules of succession. I think that's what I've always had issues with.

I'm not particularly good at forcing succession either. Short of marrying a lady with no brothers.

They made it harder in CK2.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Nice always fun playing in that area across numerous Paradox titles.

Gonna try and inherit Sweden?

Denmark's often a nice area to get. Not as good as Brussels, Egypt, Constantinople but comparable to say London.

This guy usually does interesting paradox videos.

Count Guide.

Might have to try the African Queen matriarchal empire with historical settings.
I started as #10 in that list.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Some cohorts and I are attempting to unify the Iberian peninsula. Pretty big battles with the Moors. And Navarre kept taking land as well, but were backed by the Byzantine Empress so we didn't really want to force that issue. Luckily they converted to Islam and Byzantium dropped them like a bad habit.

Got Holy Warrior out of it for my character's son once we washed over the Navarre lands. Taking a long time to convert their culture and religion back to what the rest of our lands are. Progress none-the-less.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Some cohorts and I are attempting to unify the Iberian peninsula. Pretty big battles with the Moors. And Navarre kept taking land as well, but were back by the Byzantine Empress so we didn't really want to force that issue. Luckily they converted to Islam and Byzantium dropped them like a bad habit.

Got Holy Warrior out of it for my son once we washed over the Navarre lands. Taking a long time to convert their culture and religion back to what the rest of our lands are. Progress non-the-less.
Nice. Converting everyone does take a while, taking long enough converting everyone in Scandinavia to the Asatru faith.

I've finally managed to conquer Scandinavia which also won me the kingdom of Ireland. Soon I shall form an empire. Not sure what's best after that, I'll have 5 kingdoms and I'm wondering if I should parcel them out to my sons while keeping the empire and kingdom of Norway as part of my titles.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nice. Converting everyone does take a while, taking long enough converting everyone in Scandinavia to the Asatru faith.

I've finally managed to conquer Scandinavia which also won me the kingdom of Ireland. Soon I shall form an empire. Not sure what's best after that, I'll have 5 kingdoms and I'm wondering if I should parcel them out to my sons while keeping the empire and kingdom of Norway as part of my titles.

Do you need to get the required lands in XYZ area to form an empire or can you still form an empire just by blobbing?

Creating kings as an empire makes it easier for vassal management but idk if they've changed the mechanics of making vassals easier to manage.

I would probably keep the titles to the core of your empire and have sub rulers in overseas territory, Kings of your bloodline though.

If things go pear shaped the independent kings will still be your bloodline. Still counts iirc.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Do you need to get the required lands in XYZ area to form an empire or can you still form an empire just by blobbing?

Creating kings as an empire makes it easier for vassal management but idk if they've changed the mechanics of making vassals easier to manage.

I would probably keep the titles to the core of your empire and have sub rulers in overseas territory, Kings of your bloodline though.

If things go pear shaped the independent kings will still be your bloodline. Still counts iirc.
I'm not 100% on what lands you need, I'll have to have another look at the option in the decisions panel, it ticks off a number of requirements and I'm not sure if it is just X number of kingdoms under your control or if they have to be mostly of a single empire, the only two times I've been able to form an empire I've had the kingdoms of Brittania and Scandinavia.

It probably will make things easier to manage them now that you mention it. As my empire grows, I'm king of various kingdoms and a multitude of powerful vassals are constantly being added to my empire. If they become the vassals of my sons in their own kingdoms, then they become someone else's problem.

I'll be keeping at least the kingdom of Norway as my title, maybe also Sweden. There is a title where you can become king of kings but it requires 10 people in your dynasty holding a kingdom, I think this is going to be how to do it.

I'm also wondering about the benefits of making a cadet branch of my dynasty. My current ruler isn't the dynasty head, that title goes to my older brother.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm not 100% on what lands you need, I'll have to have another look at the option in the decisions panel, it ticks off a number of requirements and I'm not sure if it is just X number of kingdoms under your control or if they have to be mostly of a single empire, the only two times I've been able to form an empire I've had the kingdoms of Brittania and Scandinavia.

It probably will make things easier to manage them now that you mention it. As my empire grows, I'm king of various kingdoms and a multitude of powerful vassals are constantly being added to my empire. If they become the vassals of my sons in their own kingdoms, then they become someone else's problem.

I'll be keeping at least the kingdom of Norway as my title, maybe also Sweden. There is a title where you can become king of kings but it requires 10 people in your dynasty holding a kingdom, I think this is going to be how to do it.

I'm also wondering about the benefits of making a cadet branch of my dynasty. My current ruler isn't the dynasty head, that title goes to my older brother.

Cadet branches still add to your score at game end at least CK2.

I racked up a massive score once despite having a small realm because my bloodline was on the thrones of half the map.

Core realm was Brittania but they ruled Empire of Hispania, France, Crusader States and parts of Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

Some of it was deliberate but most of it was just marrying younger members off to lonely Countesses and Duchess and over the years they rose to prominence in those realms.

Also managed to do it with daughters but had to get foreign heirs into my court and matrilineal marry them to the females.

You could also carve duchies out of foreign realms so you can nibble the HRE to death one duchy at a time.

Remove ads