Crusader Kings III

Zardnaar

Legend
I will definitely be looking to change that. I just need to find out how. The UI seems easier to get around but so much seems to be happening. It wasn't until the game pointed it out that I realised there were buttons to look at the culture map and the religion map. I'd been playing for quite some time too.

I'm going off CKII here idk how to change succession law in III.

Messed up my game, french Duke, Kings a heretic and the first crusade was called on France. I had enough piety to change the target but Egypt wasn't an option. Thought I joined the crusade but looks like I defended my liege by mistake.

I went to elective monarchy in the 10th century which seems a lot harder to get what you want than it used to be.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I formed a kingdom. I guess that's good? It did let me change the rules of succession to Scandinavian elective so I hope my small kingdom won't be carved up when I die.

Seems a large part of this game is essentially me going "There I go, getting all stressed again."

Zardnaar

Legend
I formed a kingdom. I guess that's good? It did let me change the rules of succession to Scandinavian elective so I hope my small kingdom won't be carved up when I die.

Seems a large part of this game is essentially me going "There I go, getting all stressed again."

Haven't played but stress afaik is caused by playing against type.

Eg if you are cruel and don't pick cruel option you get stress. Get enough stress you need to relieve it in some way eg drinking.

Not sure what the effects of forming a kingdom are in CK3. In CK2 it's more prestige, dukes are your vassals and you get claims etc in your area.

Good thing about CK is it's hard to actually get wiped out. Emperor might end up a duke or count but you can usually hang onto your core.

Exceptions being Mongols, holy wars, Aztecs via sunset invasion.,

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Haven't played but stress afaik is caused by playing against type.

Eg if you are cruel and don't pick cruel option you get stress. Get enough stress you need to relieve it in some way eg drinking.

Not sure what the effects of forming a kingdom are in CK3. In CK2 it's more prestige, dukes are your vassals and you get claims etc in your area.

Good thing about CK is it's hard to actually get wiped out. Emperor might end up a duke or count but you can usually hang onto your core.

Exceptions being Mongols, holy wars, Aztecs via sunset invasion.,
Stress is definitely playing against type, but sometimes the traits for your child that you can choose are really good. I found the various decisions that I can make to relieve stress, things like going on a hunt (did nothing for my previous king since he was lazy) or throwing a feast.

I think I'm slowly getting to grips with the game, still a lot to unpack but the good thing is that they tell you the issues. Things like too many duchies so hand some over to others, etc.

My heir inherited the kingdom and now only controls the kingdom. I feel like I should have granted him a duchy as well so that he ends up with both. I've been conquering and converting people to my way of life/religion, turns out that Iceland is all norse but also all catholic so there are a few conflicts there that I'm trying to sort out.

I'm actually thinking of trying to start a holy war, there are some sacred sites in europe that are controlled by other people that I might see if I can take back.

Zardnaar

Legend
Stress is definitely playing against type, but sometimes the traits for your child that you can choose are really good. I found the various decisions that I can make to relieve stress, things like going on a hunt (did nothing for my previous king since he was lazy) or throwing a feast.

I think I'm slowly getting to grips with the game, still a lot to unpack but the good thing is that they tell you the issues. Things like too many duchies so hand some over to others, etc.

My heir inherited the kingdom and now only controls the kingdom. I feel like I should have granted him a duchy as well so that he ends up with both. I've been conquering and converting people to my way of life/religion, turns out that Iceland is all norse but also all catholic so there are a few conflicts there that I'm trying to sort out.

I'm actually thinking of trying to start a holy war, there are some sacred sites in europe that are controlled by other people that I might see if I can take back.

Not sure how it's changed with CK2 but holy wars can bite you on the ass.

You might end up fighting most of that religions rulers.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Not sure how it's changed with CK2 but holy wars can bite you on the ass.

You might end up fighting most of that religions rulers.
Good to know, maybe I'll wait on that, build up my kingdom a bit more. I'm wanting to conquer Denmark, really messed that one up earlier and went to war for a single county instead of the country. Afterwards, during the war I was like "Why, why did I select that, the option to take Denmark was right there!"

Zardnaar

Legend
Good to know, maybe I'll wait on that, build up my kingdom a bit more. I'm wanting to conquer Denmark, really messed that one up earlier and went to war for a single county instead of the country. Afterwards, during the war I was like "Why, why did I select that, the option to take Denmark was right there!"

Do they still have cities, temple, castles etc on the provinces?

If you develop your lands right a powerful Duke is richer/more powerful than monarchs espicially if you swing the other duchy's to support you.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Do they still have cities, temple, castles etc on the provinces?

If you develop your lands right a powerful Duke is richer/more powerful than monarchs espicially if you swing the other duchy's to support you.
Each county has holdings that you can build like in CK2, though I was in the early ages in Norse regions and didn't seem to be able to build any others though I could develop my initial holdings, I might try starting in the UK and see if i can build things up there.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Oh, I also took over Denmark, had everything lined up so that my son would inherit both kingdoms, then he died, my court physician accidentally killed him.

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh, I also took over Denmark, had everything lined up so that my son would inherit both kingdoms, then he died, my court physician accidentally killed him.

Sometimes it's not an accident. I don't employ ones with negative traits no matter how high their skill is in CK2.

Having intergenerational plans fall apart happens a lot. I've gone from count to emperor in 1 generation but never been able to repeat it.

I'm crap at internal politics, easier to ally foreign powers and over throw your liege that way.

Remove ads