cthulhu mythos 5e

Caliburn101

Explorer
I very much like the take on how Elder Gods must be fought. You can force their intrusions into your reality back, but you cannot kill them, merely the vessels they use to intrude - great stuff.

D&D and 5th Ed. in particular degrade demigods, archdemons and huge threats of these kinds to bags of HP with sometimes mediocre abilities and damage output, and it massively cheapens them.

Why ever have an elder evil trapped by a previous band of heroes for the current ones to finally deal with if they are so easy to kill in the first place...

… some things should only be defeatable, not killable. I especially like the rules on how a great threat can be captured/entrapped or 'forced back from whence it came' by certain powers ending the threat... for now... that is codified in the book.

I will be taking this system and applying it to all greater threats in my future games - from Balors to Fae Lords, Elder Elementals to Archdevils, and it will be a better game for it.

Last edited:

Aaron L

Hero
This is out?! I didn't realize it had been released yet! Where can you get it? I can't find it anywhere online yet. I need this book.

Remove ads