Cubicle 7 Is #192 on the FT 1000 List of Europe's Fastest Growing Companies

Einstein-Engine.jpg

Cubicle 7, based in Ireland, has made the latest FT/Statista ranking of Europe’s fastest-growing companies, placing at #192.

The list is based on 'revenue growth at European companies in the three years to 2021'.

According to ICV2, Cubicle 7 had €2.4 million in sales in 2021, up from €267,000 in 2018. C7 publishes the official Doctor Who TTRPG, and various Warhammer games.

Dominic McDowall, CEO of C7, commented "It is a prestigious recognition of our growth to date and the fantastic award-winning Cubicle 7 team who put their heart and soul into bringing our exciting, social, creative and fun products to life".

TheSword

Legend
I’m big fans of C7 ever since AIME that I think was a beautiful set of products - very enjoyable. DM’d by @GuyBoy excellently. A campaign that has the distinction including our most hated NPC of all time.

I can’t speak for Dr Who but what they have done with the Warhammer Licenses is really good stuff and driven most of this growth I suspect. I actually think they have the best adventures I’ve read - period. Characterization is excellent and the production schedule has been pacy.

Love it! Really pleased for them. I’m converting the Ubersreik Adventures modules into a campaign for D&D level 1-7 and really enjoying the conversion work.

Excited to see what they can do for Imperial Malediction - particularly on the adventure front. There is 5 years of Starfinder adventure that could be converted to the grimdark if it’s good.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I wonder why they lost or dropped the middle earth stuff or maybe it wasn’t successful enough? I thought the game was well done and fun to read.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wonder why they lost or dropped the middle earth stuff or maybe it wasn’t successful enough? I thought the game was well done and fun to read.
Terms of the deal didn't appeal to one side or another, interpersonal stuff, limited bandwidth with their other projects -- it could be any number of things. Everyone seems to have recovered just fine, though.

TheSword

Legend
I posted this pic a while back. They have a very active Facebook page and post stuff on there every day pretty much. Plus lots of articles and development blogs.

This kind of stuff is just excellent marketing and I think it’s very smart.

They also get PDFs out as soon as ready, so can use them straight away and always include them for free with their hardcovers, which are usually very reasonably priced.

Good product, good price, good marketing, good delivery system. They’ve got it going on. I think a lot of TTRPG companies could learn from them.

68509B79-6CB7-406A-A2EF-5F88B8013EE8.jpeg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Good product, good price, good marketing, good delivery system. They’ve got it going on. I think a lot of TTRPG companies could learn from them.
Good marketing isn't free, but it's pretty cheap, all things considered. It always amazes me how little many other game companies -- even very large ones -- fail to engage with their customers and potential customers this way.

TheSword

Legend
Good marketing isn't free, but it's pretty cheap, all things considered. It always amazes me how little many other game companies -- even very large ones -- fail to engage with their customers and potential customers this way.
I see a lot of their designers regularly commenting on the WFRP discord as well. Like, a LOT of interaction. They don't necessarily give spoilers but theyre always talking about the hobby, the subject matter and requently talking about their interpretation/intention of rules. I love that.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases