Cubicle 7 To Stop Publishing Lone Wolf

Cubicle 7 has announced in a short that it will no longer be publishing the Lone Wolf RPG, which they’ve produced for the last 8 years.

00D88144-446F-44C9-BBB3-CBC09A96C341.jpeg

Unfortunately, due to some recent unexpected developments, Cubicle 7 will no longer be publishing Lone Wolf roleplaying games with Holmgard Press.

Cubicle 7 would like to thank you for your support over the years since our Lone Wolf Adventure began in 2013. As fans of Lone Wolf since childhood we have really enjoyed working on this line and creating adventures for all the brave and noble warrior-monks.

That’s all they’ve said at this stage.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cubicle7 lost The One Ring license after a big announcement of its second edition by the same Cubicle, including previews of cover art for the book
OK. But what it it that you suspect? You keep hinting at something 'suspicious' and I'm curious what it is.

MGibster

Legend
OK. But what it it that you suspect? You keep hinting at something 'suspicious' and I'm curious what it is.
We're looking for stories of love & betrayal, villains & heroes, broken men & women falling into the depths of despair only to find a shining beacon of hope in the darkness whereupon they will rise, rise ever higher to the lofty heights of redemption!

Edit: I really need to run/play a game I think.

aramis erak

Legend
I’m presuming you can’t say more, but … can you say more on that?
Where's what I know: He's had a beef with C7 over how they "mishandled the LWAG line" and "How they treat the writers and canon."
His income isn't dependent upon C7/LWAG.
His position isn't affected. C7 isn't the publisher for his work.
He still bought everything in the LWAG line...

vilainn6

Explorer
Cubicle 7 didn't publish a single book after fufilling the kickstarter so we can pretty much assume the books didn't sell well in retail and it was low in their priority list compare to the number of Warhammer pdf and books they pump out recently. It is just weird that 3 month after announcing We will finally do something, they lost the license.

aramis erak

Legend
Cubicle 7 didn't publish a single book after fufilling the kickstarter so we can pretty much assume the books didn't sell well in retail and it was low in their priority list compare to the number of Warhammer pdf and books they pump out recently. It is just weird that 3 month after announcing We will finally do something, they lost the license.
Twice in under a year... It is worrisome.
At least they aren't hanging on to block use. More seriously, the shared tropes of WFRP and LW are many. It may be that the writers are a limited resource and corporate finances dictate using them on WFRP instead of LWAG.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Any word yet if another company got the license and is going to put out a new game?
Not yet. Holmgard Press has just started to publish the Definitive Edition of the gamebooks, so it could still require some time before the rpg gets a new start. But, as far as I know, it is not an abandoned project.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases