• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cure Serious Wounds Wand. Anyone have gp price handy?

Kaelynna

First Post
Hello,

I'm at work and separated from my DMG, does anyone know what the gp cost is for a cure serious wounds wand? I know cure critical wounds is 21,000 gp, but I need to know cost for cure serious wounds.

Thanks in advance!
- K.

hong

WotC's bitch
The market price for a wand is (spell level) x (caster level) x 750 gp, for 50 charges. For a CSW wand at 5th caster level (which is the minimum), that works out to 11,250 gp.

Kaelynna

First Post
Hehehe Thanks again!

kreynolds said:
11,250gp.

<*hong wins by a nose!*>

Both you and hong are very fast on these boards! Thanks a lot!

I do have one more question.

A 2nd level ranger, 1st level assassin type character can use wand of cure serious wounds and wand of improved invisibility without use magic device correct?

Thanks!
- K.

Numion

First Post
kreynolds said:
11,250gp.

...and that works out at about 11250 / (50*(3*4.5+5) = 12,16 gp / point healed, whereas a wand of cure ligh wounds comes out at 750 / (50*5.5) = 2,73 gp / point healed.. sooo, which one should you buy?

Of course cure serious wand is more useful in the middle of combat to quickly heal someone, but for between-the-battles healing use a cure light wand.

kreynolds

First Post
Numion said:
...and that works out at about 11250 / (50*(3*4.5+5) = 12,16 gp / point healed, whereas a wand of cure ligh wounds comes out at 750 / (50*5.5) = 2,73 gp / point healed.. sooo, which one should you buy?

Depends on what you intend to use it for.

Numion said:
Of course cure serious wand is more useful in the middle of combat to quickly heal someone, but for between-the-battles healing use a cure light wand.

Exactly. Most of the players in my games prefer to keep the more powerful healing spells in potion form, while the lesser ones, such as Cure Light Wounds, are great as wands. Besides, if you have to quaff 10 potions of Cure Critical Wounds in the middle of a fight just to keep going, it's probably time to consider a strategic retreat. :)

Bob5th

First Post
Numion said:

Yes for between battle wands of cure light are nice. My 13th level Cleric is carrying around 4.

Remove ads