Votes: 18 27.7%

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 1 1.5%

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
A smart phone is pretty necessary for me at this point at work. And while I can get some of the phone covered through work, I still only get a new device every 3-4 generations of phone (not iphones shivers) Which comes to about one every 3 years or so.

I certainly know people and colleagues who get new phones far more often. Like every 18 months or as soon as they can.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tangential to the discussion:

I was cleaning out the guest room closet a couple days ago, and found a box with my old Palm Tungsten in it. I thought I had recycled it already.

Man, I miss that thing- it did for me then much of what I want my smartphones to do for me now (except make cells, of course). I had it for years, and had some serious stuff on it, entered character by character with a stylus.

Alas, its battery gave out.

I had Geek Squad try to recover the data on it, and they burned a CD for me. Of course, I misplaced the CD before I was truly finished with it. When I took it back to Geek Squad, they no longer even had the equipment to downloand it’s data.

Ryujin

Legend
Tangential to the discussion:

I was cleaning out the guest room closet a couple days ago, and found a box with my old Palm Tungsten in it. I thought I had recycled it already.

Man, I miss that thing- it did for me then much of what I want my smartphones to do for me now (except make cells, of course). I had it for years, and had some serious stuff on it, entered character by character with a stylus.

Alas, its battery gave out.

I had Geek Squad try to recover the data on it, and they burned a CD for me. Of course, I misplaced the CD before I was truly finished with it. When I took it back to Geek Squad, they no longer even had the equipment to downloand it’s data.

Had a HP Pocket PC (pretty much the same thing) with an ethernet adapter and a wireless card, that I used for network troubleshooting at work. Really miss that little thing.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Im distinguishing between old cellphone and new fancy smartphone and in that case would say 2 smartphones although my last cellphone was pretty close.

My first smartphone was a samsung and I kept it until it literally burnt out (with actual smoke and sparks), I then got handed my sons old iphone 7, which I use now.

Remove ads