• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Curse of Strahd, Post Script

SwivSnapshot

First Post
After completing the AP has anyone had their players either return to Barovia or continue playing the setting after Strahd is defeated? I'm prepping for the final confrontation and I am pondering leaving a few openings for my Players to have their PC's discover that ultimate power corrupts absolutely.

Thanks!

jerry247

Villager
Once the LG left the party all sorts of shenanigans ensued. If it wasn't adventurers league I think they would have moved into the castle!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Patrick McGill

First Post
The PCs (who were from Daggerford in FR) decided to go with Mordenkainen to explore Strahd's home plane, but we haven't picked it up after the dramatic final session.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
The PCs (who were from Daggerford in FR) decided to go with Mordenkainen to explore Strahd's home plane, but we haven't picked it up after the dramatic final session.

My players finally discovered the Mad Mages identity last session and several them found the cameo to be in poor taste, but it's what led me to ask about post AP adventuring. It would be very easy to sell the party's sage wizard on studying under Mordenkainen.

Patrick McGill

First Post
My players finally discovered the Mad Mages identity last session and several them found the cameo to be in poor taste, but it's what led me to ask about post AP adventuring. It would be very easy to sell the party's sage wizard on studying under Mordenkainen.

Really? I find that surprising. I had one player familiar with Mordenkainen and he was ecstatic when his identity was revealed. I thought it was a fun and unexpected cameo.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I think some folks might be of the opinion that Mordenkainen was not given much reverence in that he was defeated by Strahd. I personally don't mind, but I've seen that sentiment expressed online.

My game will be returning to Barovia at some point, probably for a visit to the Amber Temple. I had modified the adventure quite a bit to fit my campaign; the way I had it was that the Tome of Strahd was kind of like a physical manifestation of his agreement with the Dark Powers. So it could be used by others to break Strahd's conmection to the Dark Powersand to establish their own connection.

So at the end, shortly after my PCs killed Strahd, the mists parted and the sun shone upon Barovia, and the Abbott floated down to assure my PCs that as the mew Lord of Barovia, he would ensure the safety of the people there.

So an insane fallen angel is now in charge...so I expect things will go sour pretty quickly.

Daern

Explorer
My players rebuilt Argynvostholt as a bastion of light and secured strahd's remains in a vault beneath it. They set the scene for success and then climbed aboard the roc and flew back to the Sword Coast.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads