D&D 5E Curse of Strahd story 1

ManBagel

Messing up everything in DnD since 2019
My character was fighting in a war and lost his arm. While bleeding out, Terrian The King of Wolves and Earth, offered me the pact under one condition. Kill Strahd and bury those you kill. When a wolf is buried they go to his domain, like a wolf heaven. Those that do wrong his children torture them until the end of days.

That was how my characters pact was forged and how my character went to Strahd’s domain. We went to the winery and went to the cellar. There was someone that ran across the room to try and hide. My first reaction was to cast Eldritch Blast. Nat 20. So we have a houserule for Eldritch Blast being you have to flavor it to your patron. Mine would create earth spikes from the ground and stab at my target. I stabbed this 8 year old girl in the legs with them. I had the spikes sink into the floor and the Celestial Warlock and Druid both cast Cure Wounds to heal the legs. So we asked the girl what she was doing here. We fought bandits earlier when we were going over to the winery. Here’s the problem. Those bandits were her father and her uncles. She now has no family. The horrible thing is the terms of my pact. I have to bury those I kill and they leave and go to my patrons domain. These bandits would kill those that would come near them. So they were being torn to shreds by wolves in my patrons domain. I ended up getting there souls free with a bit persuasion. Now we have a 8 year old girl with us. She likes the Druid and Warlock, is on good terms with are monk, loves the Werebear Wizard since in the werebear form he’s just a giant teddy bear. She is afraid of my character since they talk to a bag of sand, wears a strange mask and is constantly mumbling and making symbols with his hands. He’s insane and afraid of what moves in the shadows. I forgot he also is a tiefling with a horn missing a tip. God the good DMs make you think about the fact that you are killing people, not nobodies. The players have different options in what to do with her. The warlock wants to teach her magic, the druid wants to get her adopted and so on. I think my character is going to get a level of Grave Cleric so they can cast Spare The Dying at a range so he doesn’t have to kill. Any thoughts of what we could teach her or how to make sure she doesn’t get killed?

I don't advice underage sidesicks. You should talk with the DM. She isn't a pet, and she couldn't survive traps or menaces for higher level PCs. She should be at home by somebody you trust, maybe in a temple, convent or with the druid brotherhood as apprentice.

ManBagel

I don't advice underage sidesicks. You should talk with the DM. She isn't a pet, and she couldn't survive traps or menaces for higher level PCs. She should be at home by somebody you trust, maybe in a temple, convent or with the druid brotherhood as apprentice.
We were not going for a sidekick. We know she isn’t a pet. The problem is that vampires are a thing. We don’t want her to be vampire chow. What we meant by spells is stuff like invisibility, Cure Wounds, and so on. How the DM is running this we know that there really isn’t any where truly safe. We haven’t meant the Druid brotherhood yet, but that is probably what we will find next after the wine since we would look for a place for her. The problem is that all her relatives are dead. We killed her father and uncles, and her mother died for sickness.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Give her to the gyps - oops - Vistani

seriously, its your own viable option in Barovia. Any other choice makes her a victim

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The DM can answer this, you / player probably cannot, you / character certainly cannot:
Is this girl the next-generation representation of Tatyana, sent by the Dark Powers to torment the ageless undying Stradh again and again?
Does she have a true soul, or is she one of the human shades tied to the Realm of Ravenloft?

If the answer to the first question is Yes, you can adopt the girl out to anybody you find who would raise her in good faith, in good conscience: she has powerful protectors already. If the answer to the second question is 'a soul' then you could take her out of Ravenloft with you when all is complete.

ManBagel

The DM can answer this, you / player probably cannot, you / character certainly cannot:
Is this girl the next-generation representation of Tatyana, sent by the Dark Powers to torment the ageless undying Stradh again and again?
Does she have a true soul, or is she one of the human shades tied to the Realm of Ravenloft?

If the answer to the first question is Yes, you can adopt the girl out to anybody you find who would raise her in good faith, in good conscience: she has powerful protectors already. If the answer to the second question is 'a soul' then you could take her out of Ravenloft with you when all is complete.
So I asked the DM not Tatyana and he added it for story. She has a soul.

Remove ads