Custom Miniatures In Full Colour!

I just stumbled across this. Custom miniatures — in colour! I don’t know any more than you can see on the Kickstarter ‘coming soon’ page, but I’ll be keeping an eye open for the launch.

I just stumbled across this. Custom miniatures — in colour! I don’t know any more than you can see on the Kickstarter ‘coming soon’ page, but I’ll be keeping an eye open for the launch.

81A17008-815C-461B-81E5-681B47F7438F.png

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
We backed it in 2014. Six years and eight of us, that comes out to about two minis per person per year. So maybe $25-30 every six months or so? I'm just spitballing here but yeah, that sounds accurate.
It was back in 2014 when it launched? Jeez, my memory flickered for a moment. In that case, it's completely understandable.

ccs

41st lv DM
At least a hundred? What kind of money are you able to spend on miniatures?

100 or so minis in a group of 8 people. Over the span of YEARS.
So about $350/person - assuming all spent evenly. Again, divided over years.
That's not bad. (Trust me, I'm a miniature wargamer who plays Games Workshop games)

Though nowdays, if youve access to a printer, you can save a bit by just buying the files from HF.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The pictures of the actual minis looks barely better than wizkids painted. It will be interesting to see the price point. I can see it being 40 instead of the usual 30 for one color they have now.

I've been very happy with Hero Forge, but found that it is better to have their models printed via someone else (with a better printer), and have the models painted by a paid professional. I'll happily pay a few extra bucks to have someone with talent paint my mini for me. What draws me to Hero Forge, is simply the vast number of options they have for constructing your own model. Most of the time you'll be able to make a model that resembles your character close enough. See below for two of the models that me and my group made via Hero Forge, and then had printed and painted elsewhere.

Attachments

• Ben_mini_1.jpg
    Ben_mini_1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Nolan_mini_1.jpg
    Nolan_mini_1.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Nolan_mini_2.jpg
    Nolan_mini_2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Nolan_mini_3.jpg
    Nolan_mini_3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
I've been very happy with Hero Forge, but found that it is better to have their models printed via someone else (with a better printer), and have the models painted by a paid professional. I'll happily pay a few extra bucks to have someone with talent paint my mini for me. What draws me to Hero Forge, is simply the vast number of options they have for constructing your own model. Most of the time you'll be able to make a model that resembles your character enough. See below for two of the models that me and my group made via Hero Forge, and then printed elsewhere and painted.

Do you know how much those cost, to buy the print and then have someone else paint it?

I think it cost us between 30 and 40 Euros per mini in total. That includes the cost of buying the file from Hero Forge, having it printed, and then having it painted. A relatively low cost, considering the man hours that go into painting the whole thing. But not something you would do in bulk. A close friend of mine happened to know someone who could do good quality prints, and also someone else who was a good inexpensive painter. If you're interested, look for people in your area/country that provide similar services. I would advise against shipping minis like this from other countries, because they break easily.

jasper

Rotten DM
3 ways to make sure your character perished very next session is if you did any of these.

1 - Took 5 hrs between sessions to re-write your character
2 - Changing to a new set of dice while already playing a character
3 - Buying a specific mini while already playing a character

Player: Hey guys look at my niffty new Hero Lab 2.0 in Color mini only cost $137.00.
DM: 2 hours later. Youre dead!
Freaky Nice Dm. IT is 20 minutes by the evil dm manual.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads