Custom Miniatures In Full Colour!

I just stumbled across this. Custom miniatures — in colour! I don’t know any more than you can see on the Kickstarter ‘coming soon’ page, but I’ll be keeping an eye open for the launch.

I just stumbled across this. Custom miniatures — in colour! I don’t know any more than you can see on the Kickstarter ‘coming soon’ page, but I’ll be keeping an eye open for the launch.

81A17008-815C-461B-81E5-681B47F7438F.png

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
100 or so minis in a group of 8 people. Over the span of YEARS.
So about $350/person - assuming all spent evenly. Again, divided over years.
That's not bad. (Trust me, I'm a miniature wargamer who plays Games Workshop games)

Though nowdays, if youve access to a printer, you can save a bit by just buying the files from HF.
As you'll see, I addressed my folly above in the thread.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If the finished minis look like the one in the image in the OP... that's a pretty darned awesome thing. I worry that the price will be more than I want to spend...

... Especially when we have Rich Berlew's paper minis compilation to work from.

R_J_K75

Legend
Freaky Nice Dm. IT is 20 minutes by the evil dm manual.

IDK if there was Voodoo, Santeria, Dungeon Master Black Mass with some Black Sabbath thrown in but no matter what, if you did any of the aformentioned 3, you died immediately. Like the drummer from Spinal Tap...Smell the 6-siders!

pogre

Legend
Cool technology.

I have painted a few custom minis from this company on commission and they have been OK. They do seem brittle in places. So, I think @Imaculata has dispensed some sage advice.

Glad this option will be available for folks.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Also, not all printers are the same. A resin printer (like Anycubic's Photon) is going to be a lot more detailed than a filament printer.

Either way, it takes several hours to print, but the cost in materials is pennies. Painting takes about an hour, depending on who you're going to and what quality.

So when I get my resin printer (on my wishlist), then I can get each one for about $10. I paint my own, so I'm not worried, but I can't imagine Pat from the game story who is a decent painter charging folks $100 to paint a mini.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
That's pretty impressive for what it is. I gots skills so I'm not personally interested, but I can see it being popular. I prefer to convert and paint my own figs for games. As a GW guy from back in the day the idea that I only have to paint one figure makes it feel like no work at all.

Just for context, I have charged people $100 to paint single figure, and more than that. It's all skills and demand.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads