D&D 5E Custom races and tasha’s

One could use custom lineage for playing a Sentient Slime that's assumed Humanoid form...

Does there need to be anything special about being a slime that's presented in the rules? Not really, as there's a number of excuses to handwave that they're almost mechanically the same as a human. Dropping to 0 hit points means they're having problems keeping humanoid form, and being dead means they're just a puddle of slime that's lost sentience and personality.

Weiley31

Legend
One could use custom lineage for playing a Sentient Slime that's assumed Humanoid form...

Does there need to be anything special about being a slime that's presented in the rules? Not really, as there's a number of excuses to handwave that they're almost mechanically the same as a human. Dropping to 0 hit points means they're having problems keeping humanoid form, and being dead means they're just a puddle of slime that's lost sentience and personality.
Or a Mimic that learned how to be human.

jgsugden

Legend
Custom Lineage is not used in Adventure's League. As such, there is no place where an interpretation is forced upon you.

The answer to how this all works will be between you and your DM.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Me: Raised by Gollum in a cave. Eating glowing fungus for meals, and fish that ate that fungus which also had a faint glow.
Me: I was born and raised in the Underdark as a slave to drow. The weird radiation of the drow caverns caused me to be born with darkvision.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Me: I was born and raised in the Underdark as a slave to drow. The weird radiation of the drow caverns caused me to be born with darkvision.
Me: I was born under a new moon, at midnight on the winter solstice. The night is as welcoming to me as daylight is to everyone else. (I dub this new character "Sir Edgelord".)

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Me: I was born under a new moon, at midnight on the winter solstice. The night is as welcoming to me as daylight is to everyone else. (I dub this new character "Sir Edgelord".)
Me: I was born the seventh son of a seventh son and have inherently mystical abilities. (I dub this character "Twosix Disapproves".)

Remove ads