Cyberpunk RED Has A November 14 Release Date

After COVID-related delays, we have a release date for Cyberpunk RED! The 456-page hardcover is coming out in November for the price of $60. You can get the PDF on the 14th of November, and the hardcover on the 19th. You can read about the contents of the book here.

After COVID-related delays, we have a release date for Cyberpunk RED! The 456-page hardcover is coming out in November for the price of $60.

RTG-CPR-Core-Cover.jpg

You can get the PDF on the 14th of November, and the hardcover on the 19th.

You can read about the contents of the book here.

Weiley31

Legend
For Cyberpunk 5E, I do like Carbon 2185. Technically I would use that system for my Cyberpunk "Red" games while using the actual Cyberpunk Red/Night City/etc, etc, for world lore and names and stuff.

I ran CP2020 back in the day. My campaign involving the team serving as security / roadies / gofers for an up and coming all female Rocker band. Lots of drama, trauma and firefights. One roadie tried to impress the girls with a Mr. Studdd sexual implant he had planted on his forehead. The band was unimpressed, but the rather androgynous publicist took a liking to him.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The new edition is tempting. There are elements of the cyberpunk genre I really like. But it actually took a campaign with a specific theme to it to get me into the game. Our first (short) campaign was the traditional on-the-edge mercenary team of cyberpunks and I had a hard time finding motivation. Then our friend started a cops campaign. All the PCs were cops in our local city (Madison), using landmarks we knew but punked up. Crazy TV Lenny was now the mayor, the Capitol dome was dwarfed by corporate high-rises, our precinct was in the old Armory on the UW Campus, etc. And he had good NPCs like Whiskey Dick Halsey and Duty Sergeant Cecil. It really made the game for me.

Jack Hooligan

Explorer
Definitely! I can remember dancing to them in clubs as a teenager.

Looking forward to checking this out. I feel like back in the day, I gave more time to Shadowrun than Cyberpunk 2020, though we played both. And these days I'm not too keen on Shadowrun, other than Shadowrun Anarchy.
I’m also a big fan of Anarchy. Eagerly awaiting the Anarchy 2050 book...

dwayne

Adventurer
Ultramodern redux 5e lacks the Cyberpunk setting. And it's 5e, so it's not Cyberpunk, so pass.

The only 5e game I'm looking forward to is Stargate. The classes only go up to level 5, than its classless after that.
well then, genefunk 2090, then how about that one, or the spy game for miodern feel, or the rocket age for the old golden age of buck rogers, still just backed one that is Cyberpunk & Sorcery, set in a dystopian 2090 called "Lowlife 2090.

dwayne

Adventurer
Ultramodern redux 5e lacks the Cyberpunk setting. And it's 5e, so it's not Cyberpunk, so pass.

The only 5e game I'm looking forward to is Stargate. The classes only go up to level 5, than its classless after that.
also what the hell you call neurospasta by the same company or Their apex book as well all 5th edition, pulse he is also releasing 3 more books each could be a setting unto them selves

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
also what the hell you call neurospasta by the same company or Their apex book as well all 5th edition, pulse he is also releasing 3 more books each could be a setting unto them selves
Those are separate books not in Ultramodern5. Apex is a pretty cool take on supers and Neurospasta is a neat cyberpunk setting but I could never find people to try them out.

Unfortunately I live in an area where the only 5e stuff people will play is D&D. It's pretty diehard here like that.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
well then, genefunk 2090, then how about that one, or the spy game for miodern feel, or the rocket age for the old golden age of buck rogers, still just backed one that is Cyberpunk & Sorcery, set in a dystopian 2090 called "Lowlife 2090.
GeneFunk 2090 is cool. The designer is an actual geneticist (if the article about it is correct). Carbon 2185 is bland.

They make good source material for stealing from for my own use, but I'll never get to play them.

There is a chance now that people will be interested in Cyberpunk Red because of 2077 and if Mike Pondsmith does things correctly he could find his rpg having a sudden player base of thousands of players, possibly a lot more. Especially if he was smart and gave everybody who bought 2077 a free pdf copy of Red's core book.

Remove ads

Remove ads