D&D 5E D&D 2022 Overview - Did you purchase any of the books?

D&D 2022 - Did you purchase any of the books?

• Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse - May 16, 2022

Votes: 76 45.5%
  • Critical Role: Call of the Netherdeep - March 15, 2022

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen - December 2022

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • Journeys through the Radiant Citadel - July 19, 2022

Votes: 65 38.9%
  • Spelljammer: Adventures in Space - August 16, 2022

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • None.

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • ADDED: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Starter Set - Aug/Oct, 2022

Votes: 26 15.6%

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I got spelljammer and dragonlance, but so far just for DnDBeyond. Still mulling over if I want the physical copies.

Thinking about getting dragons of stormwreck isle.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I actually got 2 copies of Radiant Citadel, one for me and one for my daughter (got her the one with the alt cover). Got her Spelljammer too. It’s not my style.
Got Netherdeep for myself as well.

JEB

Legend
Monsters of the Multiverse: Didn't buy, prefer the books it replaced (despite the warts).
Call of the Netherdeep: Waited for reviews, bought a few months after release.
Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel: The only book this year I was actually looking forward to. But still waited for reviews before buying.
Spelljammer: Had decided against buying it at release, but changed my mind later and picked up a copy. Not expecting much, based on reviews.
Dragons of Stormwreck Isle: Mildly interested when it seemed like a potential 2024 preview, lost interest when reviews indicated it wasn't, still picked it up for the heck of it months later during a general shopping trip.
Dragonlance: Waiting for reviews, no purchase decision yet made.

Haven't read any of them - I'm still years behind on my D&D 5E reading.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I rarely buy adventures, so this year was pretty much a wash for me.

I'll eventually buy Monsters of the Multiverse (but, since I have both Volo's and Mordy's, it's a low priority), the new starter set (I have a soft spot for starter sets), and Radiant Citadel (it's one of the few adventure books that looks interesting).

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
Our stores bought scores of all of these. I personally bought Mordenkainen's Monsters and Spelljammer. I am planning on buying Stormwrack Isle and Dragonlance but all my D&D money is going towards Loke Battle Mats. I also want to get Radiant Citadel, and I might in 2023.

Call of the Netherdeep: Waited for reviews, bought a few months after release.
Interesting. I'm playing through this at the moment, and am coming to the firm conclusion that it's not very good. Were the reviews any use as a reliable source of guidance?

wedgeski

Adventurer
Spelljammer and Stormwreck Isle, and I'll probably buy the Dragonlance deluxe when it arrives which is why I didn't purchase Dragon Queen.

I've also bought bits and pieces of various books on DNDB as ther need arose.

delericho

Legend
None, though I will pick up Stormwreck at some point.

I may end up getting Mord's book, depending on my reaction to OneD&D when that comes out, though since I'm on the fence even about that, who knows? I won't be getting it until then, as I have the two original books and feel no real need for an update.

I would have been interested in Spelljammer, but I didn't like what I heard about the setting changes, and after Ravenloft I'm not inclined to offer them any benefit of the doubt. It sounds like I dodged a bullet there - I strongly suspect I would have hated the end product.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases