D&D 4.0e officiallly announced for May, 2008

Fowai Uss

First Post
Tyrian_Spellstealer said:
I hope the dnd community instead pulls together to make sure WotC get it right this time so we don't have some cheap .5 edit released mere months later.

On this, I partially agree. In my opinion, the D&D community would do well to gather together and collectively voice our concerns with WotC diluting the greatness of the game with unnecessary additions. I, personally, will continue simply using what I want, discarding what I don't. I mean, I do hope the best for 4e, despite my thoughts that the driving force behind it is greed. I won't personally be converting over to 4e or any future editions, but I hope that if they should come, that they are well thought out and add to the game rather than completely change it. Currently, my homebrew games are a mixture of 2e and 3e, and I'm working on leaning them more toward 3e.

In any case, it is my hope that WotC will maintain the greatness of the original content (not that I have too much of an insight on that...I am only 19...I'll be turning 20 on the 27th!....but, I digress). In my opinion, stick with the basics. Roll dice, imagine, and have fun.

Last edited:

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Magi_Siani said:
Me, I'm playing Traveller again, finally. :) SciFi is my preferred medium. ;)

W00t! One of my gaming groups was playing Traveller! The only game I know where a character can die as part of character creation! (Bad rolls? Make a Belter!)
We finally got some guns for my ship, hadn't even gotten them mounted and the group decided to switch to playing through Lost City. Yes, with Basic rules. So, pre-AD&D. . .
But, we may be going back to Traveller, eventually. At the moment, we're playing a TriStat game. Next up, I think, will be LotR.

In case you're interested, our ref did keep a log of our Traveller game. http://web.fisher.cx/robert/rpg/traveller/

As you can probably tell, my group is very flexible and willing to try just about any RPG. At least one of us will probably get 4e just to check it out.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Traveller rocks! Oldest SciFi game and still the best. Only game where character creation is almost more fun than playing, where you can die in generation, and where at the end of creation the skeleton for fleshing out the character is provided complete. Gotta love the survival, promotion, decoration, duty station rolls, and if you play T20, the XP bonus rolls.

I prefer Classic Traveller, which allows a year by year resolution of each term served, as opposed to the four year version. Still, we play T20 too. Shiara Ulanti, IISS (detached duty). LOL

I still play D&D of course, I just won't be moving to 4e. I have far too many versions of the game already, thanks.

Siani

Remove ads