D&D 4.0e officiallly announced for May, 2008

Ruthia

First Post
numbers..numbers...stats...Crit Damage.......5d4..ooohhh DICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

*coughs and walks away sheepishly*

Tharivious

First Post
*insert venomous rant here*

Must be the blend of dropping sales, backlash from killing the Dragon and Dungeon magazine liscence, taking back all outsourced settings from their licensed publishers, and this new Gleemax/Digital Initiative nonsense finally motivated them to jump the shark... again. Leave it to WotC to make yet another mistake.

Magatsu

First Post
simple

Magic the Gathering.

They overly expanded on that to the point of losing the point of anything, they did and are doing that to poor TSR's AD&D. They should have just left well enough alone instead of letting anyone and everyone with a creative defect write a book and add their own personal flavor to an already widely known and liked taste.

I stick with the core book and some others, I stopped buying any class type books past Nine swords books. The point of making new classes that junk other classes completely is a little rediculous and stupid to me.

reapertain

First Post
Well...WOTC is a business after all, and if this is how they feel they must appeal to the public by simplifying a complexly entertaining game, then we cannot stop them....even if some of us just simply happened to pick up the new PHB 3.5 last tuesday...*rolls eyes*. My sympathies go out to those who hold similar views (though I was not around for anything earlier than 2.0) and to those who will know the horrors of having to teach their players (once again) the rules of the game (since they enjoy so much to keep up with the times...grr...)

Thusly, we, as supporters of this enterprise, have no other choice but to grudgingly attend our nearest gaming store and make our chain purchases.

P.S. I remember the old days of ISRP at WOTC when I was the incompotent Rper Tharion13...my experience has not improved heh

Remove ads