• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] It's a Brand New World [FULL]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I like the idea of the blight in Johanna's background -- whichever you choose, I think that's a nice element to keep and incorporate into the larger territorial history.

sithramir

First Post
I added a bit more to my story and chose some spells and a familiar for my wizard in the rogue's gallery.

Also, I took the liberty of naming the mountains to the northwest after my characters fore-fathers. Mount Everwood. Let me know what you think.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Sounds good. I haven't been feeling well the last day or so, and I've been spending most of my time napping or just chilling. I've got a doctors visit this afternoon and then trick-or-treating with the kids. I'll try to squeeze some map work in there some time and get things caught up. I really like everyone's characters so far. Lots of good stuff to work with.

-IG

industrygothica

Adventurer
[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] - reading it again, I still like Johanna's background better. To the extent that there is a great chance I'll use it in the adventure. I can still do it without johanna, so don't feel pressured to use her; I just thought I'd let you know.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Three posts in a row. Oops. Anyway...
[MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION]: Digging your story. I have a couple of requests. First, would you mind making Justice's son and daughter twins? Of course if they're dead I guess it doesn't matter, but...

And second, when you're done with your story would you mind wrapping it up in the level 1 sblock? Thanks.
[MENTION=12183]sithramir[/MENTION]: Any way we could make old man Everwood a little older than that? I've got no issues at all with your character being related to someone important to name a mountain range (and probably the forest there too, honestly) after, but it seems that the disconnect should be a little more... distant. What did he do that was so profound that someone wanted to name that stuff after him, anyway? Not a major deal right now, but it might help with fleshing out the area some.

More to come later, hopefully.

-IG

sithramir

First Post
Yes. I will make him an older ancestor and think on what the momentous reason was.

HaD thoughts that I am him reborn and maybe the visions are from that event. That would be a cruel path hehe

Phoenix8008

First Post
Twins sounds good. Wife and kids are both ASSUMED dead by Justice, but you know what they say... "No body, no proof". Sorry I forgot the '1 stat block' rule. I've nested the 'Story' sblock inside the main one now.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Twins sounds good. Wife and kids are both ASSUMED dead by Justice, but you know what they say... "No body, no proof". Sorry I forgot the '1 stat block' rule. I've nested the 'Story' sblock inside the main one now.

All good. Also, while you're finishing up your background, please put in some kind of timeline.. about how long was he stranded, and how long has it been since he's been rescued? How old would his dead kids be? Of course if they're dead I guess it doesn't matter, but... ;)

-IG

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'll give you a rough breakdown now to play with, because the 'pretty' version of the story is going to take some time still. I'd say the starting time when he gets left for dead would be about 4-5 years ago. Ship was sunk with him and others still dying on it after he got run through. He managed to get on some driftwood and float away till he landed on the remote uninhabited deserted isle. Kids would have been around 5 or 6 years old at that time. Old enough to take on a ship without as much worry as a toddler or something. So in the present day after he gets rescued, they would be around 10 years old... ya know, IF they had lived and all. ;)

Notice that this also ties into the Blight on the other Isle as they were shipping food over already to people 5 years ago. It's worse now, of course.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads